Team Chevelle banner

hydraulic ram replacement 65

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  J70Chev 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I've been looking for pictures, videos, anything that will give me a step by step on replacing my rams. One started leaking and before I rip in to it I want to understand what all is involved. Does anyone have some resources?

#2 ·
Anyone?

#4 ·
So it's easier than I anticipated, just take off the arm rest panel and it's self explanatory. So I pulled the ram and it was suckin air from the rod. I saw a snap ring, so I yanked it and got the washer, felt gasket, and cap up... saw what looked like an O ring down at the base of the shaft, I picked it out and it was a broken, brittle o-ring. I got a new ring out of my kit, stretched it over the head and down the shaft (sorry sounds gross), tucked it down at the base and into the groove, put the set down the rod and slapped in the snap ring and wallah........ pump that is fully sealed at the shaft, get the system back together, fill with fluid, bleed, and back in action just took about 1.5hrs total.

Reactions: mr 4 speed
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.