Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

my new car

22K views 111 replies 60 participants last post by  grandsport 
#1 ·
i just bought a car from my friend he says it is a 71 elcamino and it has a V8. he says that it is like the motor they use nascar. I want to make it a little faster so we took of the filter and muffler. yesterday i showed my friends how fast it is so i steped all the way on the gas and drove around the field. it realy sounds like the rase car but i can spin the tires better. all around the hole field it will dig up all the dirt. after about one hour hot steam came out of the hood. my friend says it does that because it makes so much power. how long does it take for your rase car to make steem? it makes a clunk noise when it runs but goes away when i push all the way down on the gas then it just shakes like the race cars my friend says the clunk is from the big pistons he put in it and it is ok. i am going to rase my friends today and let you know when i beet them.

#7 ·
Hey Patter; If you want that thing to Really Fly do this. Lift ou t the dist. and rotate it 2 teeth counter clockwise. Fire that sucker up and stomp on the gas. If that sumbich throws you back in the seat then you got a 71 El Camino.

------------------
Bill Brown. 70 El Camino.Member#669. Slowly getting back in the groove.

#10 ·
OH MY GOD!!!!!

------------------

#11 ·
Well hooooooooooey! boy you go down there and get yersself some!

BTW if you are serious, just leave your distributor where it is

#18 ·
Didnt anyone notice he cant spell race but knows how to spell distributor. Did I spell that right?

------------------

#19 ·
Matt, I thought the same thing you did. Where is BOD???

------------------
Honey, its not a $200 hat. The distributor was $200, the hat came with it. kevin d
Maryland Chevelle Club #362
Classic Cars and Trucks of Beaufort #72
TC #1108
ACES #4586

#20 ·
i met my friends at coldwater creek. the first thing i did was take out the distributor. me and ed was messin with it for about an hour but it onlt would go in one way. one of the other guys told me it can be moved without taking it out so i think that i moved it the rong way. when i went to start it fire came out of the 4 barrel and started it on fire. we didnt have any watter so we had to put it out with dirt. some of the other guys helped me getting it running. one guy said it had a nock and told me not to push the peddel all the way down like i do. me and my friends think he does not know what he is talking about because he told me to put the muffler and filter back on he thinks his corvet is the fastest. i think my car it is running better now on the way home it sounds way faster than his car. i cant wait to sunday i am going to work on mine over the weekend and practis in the field.

#21 ·
i met my friends at coldwater creek. the first thing i did was take out the distributor. me and ed was messin with it for about an hour but it onlt would go in one way. one of the other guys told me it can be moved without taking it out so i think that i moved it the rong way. when i went to start it fire came out of the 4 barrel and started it on fire. we didnt have any watter so we had to put it out with dirt. some of the other guys helped me getting it running. one guy said it had a nock and told me not to push the peddel all the way down like i do. me and my friends think he does not know what he is talking about because he told me to put the muffler and filter back on he thinks his corvet is the fastest. i think my car it is running better now on the way home it sounds way faster than his car. i cant wait to sunday i am going to work on mine over the weekend and practis in the field.

#22 ·
Go gitum Patter. I think you on the right track. Speially the part about the DURT.

------------------

#26 ·
I know who it is but i,m not tellin.

------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.