Hairston Chevrolet - Chevelle Tech
Copo & Dealer Factory & Dealer Performance

 2Likes
  • 2 Post By MHLesser92
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 17, 2:30 PM Thread Starter
Pete
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 17
Garage
Hairston Chevrolet

If anyone has updated info on Hairston Chevrolet, let me know, I'd like to get it listed into chevellestuff.com registry.
My document does not have the dealer number or zone. (see pic)

or

Zone 40 Dealer# 273 DUTCH MILLER CHEVROLET INC - HUNTINGTON WEST VIRGINIA

since this was right across river from Chesapeake did they move in 1970?

Also including a paystub found in my car from C&M Cabinets in Washburn Tennessee
Anyone know an owner of a red 1970 Chevelle SS that worked there?

or

Zone 40 Dealer# 273 DUTCH MILLER CHEVROELT INC - HUNTINGTON WEST VIRGINIA

since this was right across river from Chesapeake

Also including a paystub found in my car from C&M Cabinets in Washburn Tennessee
Anyone know an owner of a red 1970 Chevelle SS that worked there?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cm cabinets stub.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	489169   Click image for larger version

Name:	buildsheet.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	489177  
alex1970 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 17, 9:43 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
& Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,707
Re: Hairston Chevrolet

Shows a listing here - https://www.ncrs.org/dealercodes.php
Type in the dealer name and search.
Mike is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 17, 11:28 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Ole
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Jefferson County, WA
Posts: 1,925
Garage
Re: Hairston Chevrolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1970 View Post
If anyone has updated info on Hairston Chevrolet, let me know, I'd like to get it listed into chevellestuff.com registry.
My document does not have the dealer number or zone. (see pic)

or

Zone 40 Dealer# 273 DUTCH MILLER CHEVROLET INC - HUNTINGTON WEST VIRGINIA

since this was right across river from Chesapeake did they move in 1970?

Also including a paystub found in my car from C&M Cabinets in Washburn Tennessee
Anyone know an owner of a red 1970 Chevelle SS that worked there?

or

Zone 40 Dealer# 273 DUTCH MILLER CHEVROELT INC - HUNTINGTON WEST VIRGINIA

since this was right across river from Chesapeake

Also including a paystub found in my car from C&M Cabinets in Washburn Tennessee
Anyone know an owner of a red 1970 Chevelle SS that worked there?

Thanks!
My 1969 Chevelle SS was sold new at Dutch Miller Chevrolet in Huntington, WV. The car spent its first 40 years in the Huntington area and I have connected with the original owner (who still lives in the Huntington area) and another Huntington resident who later owned my car for about 10 years. Dutch Miller Chevrolet INC was still in business in Huntington last fall. I know this because I talked to several dealership employees regarding original sales and warranty documents for my Chevelle.

As for Dutch Miller and Huntington, WV being "right across the river from Chesapeake", I have no idea what you are talking about, as on-line maps reveal nothing that I could see that is called "Chesapeake" on the opposite (Ohio) side of the Ohio River from Huntington.

I, however, live in Washington State and know little or nothing of the Huntington, WV area.
Saltherring is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 17, 2:26 PM Thread Starter
Pete
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 17
Garage
Re: Hairston Chevrolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltherring View Post
My 1969 Chevelle SS was sold new at Dutch Miller Chevrolet in Huntington, WV. The car spent its first 40 years in the Huntington area and I have connected with the original owner (who still lives in the Huntington area) and another Huntington resident who later owned my car for about 10 years. Dutch Miller Chevrolet INC was still in business in Huntington last fall. I know this because I talked to several dealership employees regarding original sales and warranty documents for my Chevelle.

As for Dutch Miller and Huntington, WV being "right across the river from Chesapeake", I have no idea what you are talking about, as on-line maps reveal nothing that I could see that is called "Chesapeake" on the opposite (Ohio) side of the Ohio River from Huntington.

I, however, live in Washington State and know little or nothing of the Huntington, WV area.

Yes Chesapeake OH is a very small town across river from Huntington WV.

Cool site from NCRS.org (Nation Corvette Restorers Society)

Dealer Zones and Numbers

This information is compiled from information gathered from members and others. It is not guaranteed for accuracy. General Motors assigned zone and dealer numbers to active dealers at the time of assignment. As dealerships changed ownership and went out of business the dealer number may be re-assigned to other new dealerships. For this reason dates are included with this information where known.

Here the results out of the dealercodes database based on the provided search criteria:

Zone Dealer Number Dealer Name Address City State Zipcode Source Year Active Notes
Change Dealer Details 44 180 HAIRSTON CHEVROLET INC P O BOX 1128 CHESAPEAKE Ohio 45619 1969 Unknown Info Provided by AAA Window Stickers- Bill Petriko
Change Dealer Details 46 180 Hairston Chevrolet Inc. P.O. Box 1128 Chesapeake Ohio Unknown 1969 No longer in Busines From window sticker in files of Jon Mello. Zone might be 40. Dealer number might be 280. Very sure about the 4, 8 and 0.
Change Dealer Details Unknown Unknown Hairston Chevrolet, Inc. Box 1128 Chesapeake Ohio 45619 1970 Unknown

Kinda cool

Maybe Dutch Miller "over took" or bought out Hairston sometime in the 80s..
alex1970 is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 17, 3:35 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Ole
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Jefferson County, WA
Posts: 1,925
Garage
Re: Hairston Chevrolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1970 View Post
Yes Chesapeake OH is a very small town across river from Huntington WV.

Cool site from NCRS.org (Nation Corvette Restorers Society)

Dealer Zones and Numbers

This information is compiled from information gathered from members and others. It is not guaranteed for accuracy. General Motors assigned zone and dealer numbers to active dealers at the time of assignment. As dealerships changed ownership and went out of business the dealer number may be re-assigned to other new dealerships. For this reason dates are included with this information where known.

Here the results out of the dealercodes database based on the provided search criteria:

Zone Dealer Number Dealer Name Address City State Zipcode Source Year Active Notes
Change Dealer Details 44 180 HAIRSTON CHEVROLET INC P O BOX 1128 CHESAPEAKE Ohio 45619 1969 Unknown Info Provided by AAA Window Stickers- Bill Petriko
Change Dealer Details 46 180 Hairston Chevrolet Inc. P.O. Box 1128 Chesapeake Ohio Unknown 1969 No longer in Busines From window sticker in files of Jon Mello. Zone might be 40. Dealer number might be 280. Very sure about the 4, 8 and 0.
Change Dealer Details Unknown Unknown Hairston Chevrolet, Inc. Box 1128 Chesapeake Ohio 45619 1970 Unknown

Kinda cool

Maybe Dutch Miller "over took" or bought out Hairston sometime in the 80s..
Again, I live in Washington and know only of Huntington and Dutch Miller Chevrolet that which: (1) I have uncovered myself (including an NRCS document), (2) I have been told by Dutch Miller employees and, (3) two previous owners (both are Huntington WV natives and current residents) have told me about my '69 Chevelle and the Huntington area.
Saltherring is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 25th, 19, 7:23 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 1
Hi! My family owned Hairston Chevrolet from 1955 when GM granted the franchise until approximately 1980 when we sold it. The dealership was located in Chesapeake, Ohio, directly across the Ohio River from Huntington, WVa. We were located in the Charleston, WVa district. The person to whom we sold the business lost the franchise during the GM downsizing of the early 2000s. We did not have any relationship to Dutch Miller Chevrolet in Huntington other than as near competitors. Hope this helps & let me know if you need any other info.

MHLesser
Steve R and Saltherring like this.
MHLesser92 is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 25th, 19, 11:13 PM
Cam
Gold Founding Member
Cameron Milne
 
Join Date: Sep 1998
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,610
Re: Hairston Chevrolet

Thank You so much for responding! One couldn't ask for more.

"The more you know,
the more you realize there is that you don't know." - Dad


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TC Gold #120

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cam is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome