Cruise Nights in Mid Missouri - Chevelle Tech
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dean

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 20, 3:22 PM Thread Starter
Gus

Cruise Nights in Mid Missouri

Hi TC,

I've been looking for car shows and cruse nights here in Columbia MO and surrounding areas and have not had much luck. My car is far from being ready but they are still fun to go to and meet people and take my 3yr old son to. Any suggestions of whats going on this summer?

We just moved here from MN, and Chicago before that.

Thanks,

Gus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 20, 3:30 PM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage
re: Cruise Nights in Mid Missouri

FYI, There is a great car show 97 miles from you in Hannibal, MO May 8-9 put on by the Loafers Car Club.
https://www.facebook.com/LoafersOfHannibal/
12stones likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 20, 5:01 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage

The Loafers also hold a cruise in the first Saturday of the month from April through October. We are skipping the May cruise in because of our show that day. Depending on weather the cruise in can draw up to 90 cars sometimes. On a good weather day the show in May can have over 350 cars. Come see us Gus!

70 LS5 convertible

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 20, 5:54 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage

Gus, there is also a cruise in at Jefferson city at the mall parking lot. I've only been there a couple times. It was a large crowd with a lot of nice cars. I don't know their schedule. Definitely worth checking out and it's not far from Columbia.

70 LS5 convertible
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 20, 8:35 PM

ST. Louis may be a bit far but here is a website of car events.

ST LOUIS AREA ? SOUTHERN ILLINOIS CAR SHOW LISTINGS
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 20, 10:12 PM
Senior Tech Team

I have a buddy of mine that lives and works in Columbia and I think he is at the Joe Machens Toyota dealership in the parts department ?.

The guy's name is Larry Cain and he has a Pro-Street Toyota pickup with a tunnel ram Chevrolet motor and a polished aluminum bed liner.

Larry also sells at a lot of swap meets and has a Toyota Box truck. His brother also runs a stock car.

If you run into Larry, tell him Jim from Saint Louis told you to find him and ask about some car shows and cruises.

From the Rustoberfest off 70 and Herman exit:

His truck on the left side of the below picture:

Jim

Always working on something:

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 20, 3:06 PM Thread Starter
Gus

Thanks, This is exactly what i'm looking for. I wont have a car to drive to any but do love walking the shows and seeing what others have done. I drive up to Hannibal all the time for work, it really isn't too bad of a drive form Como. I might have to check out Rustober fest. I was going to try and attend last year but had a prior engagement.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 20, 8:09 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage

I need to make a correction. The Loafers May cruise in will be held. It is on May 2nd. It is the July cruise in that is being canceled because it falls on the 4th. Gus I hope you can make it to our show on May 9th. If you come up to any of our cruise in's find me, I'll be somewhere near the red 70 convertible.

70 LS5 convertible
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 20, 11:20 AM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1966gmachine View Post
Thanks, I might have to check out Rustoberfest. I was going to try and attend last year but had a prior engagement.
From the last couple of years:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/121766...57700877497541

https://www.flickr.com/photos/121766...57686228981772

https://www.flickr.com/photos/121766...57673660405162

Jim

Always working on something:

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 20, 2:08 PM
Tech Team
Paul

Jeff City cruise at the Capital Mall starts in April, third or fourth week. Loop cruises in Columbia start this week at O Reillys on the Bus Loop at 5 but sounds like rain. Cars and Coffee in Columbia was also supposed to be this Saturday. Facebook has a couple of Mid Mo car sites that you should take a look at: Missouri Cruisins Carshows, Old Wheels Car Club and Loop Cruisers of Columbia. Hope to see you somewhere!

Paul J
'69 El Camino SS
396 CI,Hooker Super Comps
TH400, HEI, Performer Intake, 750 cfm
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 20, 3:59 PM
Tech Team
Paul

Re: Cruise Nights in Mid Missouri

Boulevard Burnouts is another FB page you can check for local car show info. The Jefferson City cruise at the Mall is the last Saturday of the month, April-Oct. It usually has about 200 cars. But, I haven't seen any announcement the Mall is allowing it this year yet.

Paul J
'69 El Camino SS
396 CI,Hooker Super Comps
TH400, HEI, Performer Intake, 750 cfm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in