LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 19, 5:42 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Greg

Garage
Re: OK...I`ll be first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream66 View Post
Sorry that I can't provide a quick one liner answer to the OP's question. It's too complex for that. So....... This entertaining guy has about 20 videos with recommendations on products and techniques.

How To for Novices to Machine Polishing - Part 3 - YouTube
I really like The Junkman. He can be very long winded at times, but he is entertaining and he has has good information. And, somehow he manages to get his points across without resorting to four letter words. Do a YouTube search for "Junkman" or "Junkman2000."

Greg

My 68 El Camino Malibu and my 68 El Camino SS. In 1968 I got my 1st 66 Chevelle SS. 30 years later, I got my 2nd. Both Chevelles are in the same location.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 19, 3:55 PM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUTCH MAX HEADWORK View Post
The original Liquid Ebony was made by Clearbright. They went down the tubes in the late 80's.
The bottle label in your left picture is the one I remember.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 19, 12:35 AM
Tech Team
Jim

Had a black corvette that I used 3 M Hand Glaze then used collinite insulator wax. Totally awesome.
spinshop likes this.

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 19, 4:17 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper '69 View Post
Had a black corvette that I used 3 M Hand Glaze then used collinite insulator wax. Totally awesome.
I tried the 3M hand glaze and that wax and it looked pretty good but, when it sat in the sun, it looked like the wax melted and left an oily like film?

post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 19, 5:35 PM
Cam
Gold Founding Member
Cameron Milne

The snow is melting around here so the day is coming soon when I will have to perform the time-honored tradition of clay bar followed by wax. I used to use Liquid Glass on my black daily driver but they aren't bringing it in anymore. Last year I visited The Chemical Guys and came out of there with their Black Light glaze, designed to make scratches visually disappear. I use it once at the start of the season, then seal it up with The Chemical Guys - Black Luminous Glow Infusion. Because it is a daily driver and is in all kinds of weather, including stretches of being salt-covered, then ice on top that needs to be removed, I will re-apply the Black Luminous Glow Infusion about once a month (when possible) because I am a freak.

The car is a 2010 and has over 250,000 kms (155,000 miles) and I have no plans on replacing it anytime soon. It is a 6-speed manual and has loads of room, so finding a replacement is doubtful. I am serious about keeping my cars in top shape and in service for a long time
427L88 likes this.

"The more you know,
the more you realize you don't know." - Dad

My Showroom
TC Gold #120
My completely stock 67 Malibu Sport Coupe 6 cyl
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 19, 6:35 PM
Tech Team
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinshop View Post
I tried the 3M hand glaze and that wax and it looked pretty good but, when it sat in the sun, it looked like the wax melted and left an oily like film?
Tim, I never had that problem. Although, the vette didn't sit in the hot sun very often.
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 19, 11:49 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

3M Imperial hand glaze used to work great. Gave up on it many years ago, product did not seem the same as in the mid/late 90's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in