Hedman Headers 69 396 - Chevelle Tech
Headers and Exhaust Discussion related to Exhaust systems and headers.
Sponsored by: Pypes Performance Exhaust

 4Likes
  • 2 Post By Malibulvr
  • 2 Post By blm
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 19, 4:12 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Lockport, NY
Posts: 943
Send a message via AIM to Malibulvr Send a message via Yahoo to Malibulvr
Hedman Headers 69 396

I purchased headers from Summit last June and finally got around to opening them up and putting them on the car. I took them into work to bead blast them and when I came home to paint them I found that one of the tubes is split.

Summit would not warranty them so they made me call Hedman. David from Hedman picked up on the first ring. He was surprised that Summit wouldn't help me but assured me they are Lifetime Warrantied. He gave me his personal email and said to send him the pics and he would send a new header out first thing Monday.

I am very impressed with their customer service and would not hesitate buying product from them again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190726_154627.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	599108   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190726_151656.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	599110  
blm and NickeyChevelle like this.
Malibulvr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 19, 12:35 AM
Boldly procrastrinating
Tom Terrific II
 
Join Date: Oct 1998
Location: Glendale, Az
Posts: 28,112
Garage
Re: Hedman Headers 69 396

That's a new one on me. unusual failure.

Maybe that was a new guy at Summit? I've always had good luck with warranty stuff at Summit

Tom Terrific or Terrible Tom, depending on the phase of the moon, passing cosmic rays or other factors not fully understood except by my wife.
Tom Mobley is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 19, 10:26 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tom
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Central CA coast
Posts: 421
Re: Hedman Headers 69 396

I had a problem with a leaky steering box I had bought through Summit. It was past 90 days when I discovered it so they referred me to the manufacturer. In the end, all was well, but it wasnít an easy process. But just last week I returned a K&N air filter to them. The filter was advertised as being 3 1/2Ē tall, but it was actually 3 5/16Ē tall. Just enough off so that I couldnít use it. I went through the online return process and returned it using their label. It was noted in several places that I would be charged $9.00 for the return shipping. I didnít feel it was fair because the part was not as advertised, but I figured Iíd take it up later if it really bugged me. Yesterday I got the notice from Summit that they had refunded me the full amount. So no issue.

Back on topic: Iíve never seen a header tube split like that. I put Hedman Elites on my Ď68 SS and I love them. Iím glad they are standing behind them. The lesson to me is that I really check items closely when I get them so that if thereís a problem I can return them during the vendorís warranty period.
any4xx is offline  
 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 19, 8:32 PM
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: McDonald Pennsylvania
Posts: 10,341
Garage
Re: Hedman Headers 69 396

It is obvious those headers are unused. So Hedman did the right thing. Have to watch leaving new parts sit around before using them. I have been burned by this many times. Although to me it just seems like a way for the manufacturer or vendor to squirm out of honoring a defective part. What difference does it make if it sits in ones garage for six months as long as its not used?
Malibulvr and NickeyChevelle like this.
blm is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 19, 10:04 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Kim
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: waayyy eastern Long Island
Posts: 523
Garage
Re: Hedman Headers 69 396

Is that just a bad piece of tubing, or the mandrel bend did something to it? odd place to split like that.
shelteredv is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 30th, 19, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Lockport, NY
Posts: 943
Send a message via AIM to Malibulvr Send a message via Yahoo to Malibulvr
Re: Hedman Headers 69 396

Quote:
Originally Posted by any4xx View Post
I had a problem with a leaky steering box I had bought through Summit. It was past 90 days when I discovered it so they referred me to the manufacturer. In the end, all was well, but it wasnít an easy process. But just last week I returned a K&N air filter to them. The filter was advertised as being 3 1/2Ē tall, but it was actually 3 5/16Ē tall. Just enough off so that I couldnít use it. I went through the online return process and returned it using their label. It was noted in several places that I would be charged $9.00 for the return shipping. I didnít feel it was fair because the part was not as advertised, but I figured Iíd take it up later if it really bugged me. Yesterday I got the notice from Summit that they had refunded me the full amount. So no issue.

I had a similar issue with Summit years ago, told them I had a 89 Blazer with a TBI manifold 13psi application and I wanted a Holley electric fuel pump. They told me what to order and I agreed, received the pump and it was overflowing. Find out it was for a TPI application and was way too much. I argued that THEY picked the wrong pump and I wanted the correct one. Ended up getting a manager on the phone because they wanted me to pay for return shipping. We went back and fourth and he was like "Ten dollars isn't all that much to be arguing about..". I said so quit arguing and pay it. ha..They paid it.

Back on topic: Iíve never seen a header tube split like that. I put Hedman Elites on my Ď68 SS and I love them. Iím glad they are standing behind them. The lesson to me is that I really check items closely when I get them so that if thereís a problem I can return them during the vendorís warranty period.
I have a bad habit of ordering parts and sitting on them, need to stop that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blm View Post
It is obvious those headers are unused. So Hedman did the right thing. Have to watch leaving new parts sit around before using them. I have been burned by this many times. Although to me it just seems like a way for the manufacturer or vendor to squirm out of honoring a defective part. What difference does it make if it sits in ones garage for six months as long as its not used?
That was my exact point, I told the girl that I just opened the package, the part has never been installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelteredv View Post
Is that just a bad piece of tubing, or the mandrel bend did something to it? odd place to split like that.
I think it was a bad piece of tubing and split when they bent the tube. How the hell they didn't see that before welding it up is beyond me.
Malibulvr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome