Considering selling my 1967 El Camino ZZ4-350 700R4 - Chevelle Tech
Temporary Free Classifieds no commercial sales -- simple forum for classifieds -- no catagories for buy or sell just by date

14Likes
  • 5 Post By 72soft-top
  • 1 Post By ZZ69chevelle
  • 4 Post By Steve R
  • 1 Post By Pioneer4x4
  • 2 Post By Pioneer4x4
  • 1 Post By Pioneer4x4

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old May 28th, 20, 3:32 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Ed

Garage
Cool Considering selling my 1967 El Camino ZZ4-350 700R4

I am kicking around selling it. I moved over the winter, and closing on my old house is in 5 weeks. I will be putting it at my father in laws in the mean time. I was going to build/expand the garage off rear alley at the new (100 year old) house, but really like the back yard/gardens as they are. I know if I put it offsite, I will ignore it and not use it, so I am considering selling it.
I know, its an El Camino, no back seat, so Ĺ price . It is no where near original, but looks pretty original.
This is how we got it in 1997
Deepwater Blue paint with blue interior (medium blue/bright blue?)
67,000 miles or so on it
Las Vegas area vehicle, was Liberace's neighbor's...
It was repainted at least once, original color
Unknown age 10 bolt posi, possibly original, but has a sway bar added
Dual exhaust iron manifolds Midas Golden Turbo mufflers (still on it over 20 years later)
was a 327 with 3 speed manual column shift
Malibu trim
vinyl bench
Since 1997 me and my dad put in
ZZ4 350
700R4 auto/overdrive (both around 1997/1998)
It still has clutch pedal assembly, always thought about switching back to manual.
has 98,000 miles on it now
Had the seat recovered in full cloth seating with vinyl on edges/back, similar to, but not the same as factory, no bare vinyl to touch your legs in Las Vegas!
painted again in about 2002?, same color, most trim removed, primed and painted some dings worked on
I added FiTech F.I., Roadmaster wagon tank, Silverado 1990ish serpentine setup
new plastic tank/aluminum core radiator, flows a ton of air, no high temps any more
Installed underdash A/C, it works, but barely, never messed with it since install, too many other cars/projects/moving
As far as I know the car has never been apart, some frame rust was repaired in 1997 when we got it, and my dad said that there was a spot on driver's rocker, I don't know where, but it has been over 20 years since repaired, and no sign of it. Only rust issue I am aware of is the body mount under the bed by the fuel fill needs attention. Still intact, but I plan on repairing it if I keep it.
Some of you may have seen it a the NOCC meet a couple times.
It isn't a show car, but to me it is nicer than a "driver". I would literally drive it anywhere, rain or shine. Never been trailered or towed in the 23 years we have had it, it even hauled its own new engine home. me or my dad has driven it from Las Vegas to Pittsburgh, back to Las Vegas, back to Pittsburgh over the years, and I have put 1,000 miles on it each weekend I took it to Woodward Dream Cruise in Michigan.
I would sell it today for $15,000 and would never let it go under probably $10,000. Anywhere in between, I'd have to think about it. Am I in the right range for expectations? I'll add in some recent pictures, let me know what you guys think. Heck, I'd deliver it anywhere, literally anywhere I can drive, with a prepaid ticket home and/or a non-refundable deposit.
Preferably CA, so I can work RT 66 in! It has already covered a lot of it or near it from Arizona to St. Lewis a couple of times.
It has 14" Camaro Berlinetta wheels and 4 steels with dog dish and rings. I have 6 new tires, 4 on it, one on a steelie as a spare, and a spare-spare. 205-75-14. Battery will be new, it is acting up, then I realized it is 10 years old! 5 in Vegas, and 5 in Pittsburgh. I think it earned a new one. No underhood pictures, nothing worth taking a picture of.
Interior pictures of the seat are old, 2004 when the seat was done, it is still very nice
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Drag42.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	628186   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	628188   Click image for larger version

Name:	now3.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	628190   Click image for larger version

Name:	b.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	628192  

Name:	A51-1.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	628194   Click image for larger version

Name:	2018 Exterior.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	628196   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3087.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	628198  

1967 El Camino Malibu - Deepwater Blue
ZZ4 350, FiTech 600 complete!,Roadmaster tank, 700R4, Underdash A/C in progress, JGC Steering, 1990s truck serpentine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old May 28th, 20, 7:01 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Brian

After such a long post, it’s clear that you are still very attached to the car. Don’t sell it now. Store it, and see how it goes. You need to be sure with no regrets.

Team Chevelle Member (20 years and counting...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'72 Chevelle Convertible (Mohave Gold) (all SS options, no SS badging)

2004 Pontiac GTO (Quicksilver) RIP April 2013
--> Replaced with 2004 Pontiac GTO (Barbados Blue)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche (Sunset Orange Metallic)
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old May 28th, 20, 7:05 PM
Tech Team
John

Re: Considering selling my 1967 El Camino ZZ4-350 700R4

I would jump on that in a heartbeat for 15k if I wasnít building a shop right now. Good luck with it!!

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old May 29th, 20, 12:04 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Steve

Garage

I agree, hang on to it. I'd be all over that if I had more garage space, but I'm having a hard time letting go of my 69 and 93 that I was planning to sell this spring before the corona crap. The more I look at them and drive them, the harder it is. You'll probably regret it. Sounds like a great driver, and it looks nice.
LeoP likes this.

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old May 29th, 20, 1:15 AM
Senior Tech Team

If you decide to sell Iíd start around $16,500 and try to get $15,000. You should come close. One thing, donít put it up for sale until you are 100% comfortable with letting it go.

Steve R
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old May 29th, 20, 6:57 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Ed

Garage

Thanks all. So I guess I'm not in the wrong ballpark, and I'm not a haggle kind of guy. I do try, but never feels right. If I can get more for selling sure, if I can pay less when buying, great. But I'm more of a if it is worth it, than take it kind of guy.
For $15K, I will sell. In my mind I have rarely seen one for less than $16K that I like better overall, some are nicer looking, some are more original overall but after me and my dad tinkered with this on over the last 23 years, it is hard to compare others.
FWIW, when my dad gave it to me and we drove it from Las Vegas to Pittsburgh almost 7 years ago, I registered it normally in PA and had it inspected. Last time was maybe 2017/2018, and last year I put antique plates on it. I had to replace motor mount, upper control arm bushings, maybe ball joints over the years, so at least semi recently it has been safety inspected.
And yeah, I like to give all details up front I can think of, I hate looking at a car ad and having to ask 20 questions before deciding I want to even check it out.
I just moved, and I may still have a old radiator, original P/S pump and box, gas tank.
The only reproduction parts I can think of on it is parking brake release, and 1 taillight lens only, metal pieces are original, and washer bottle/jug.
Oh plus it has 4 note cadillac horns tucked up behind the washer bottle, and 1980s G body belts/shoulder harness with cadillac buckles (my dad gets the credit for that...)
LeoP likes this.

ZZ4 350, FiTech 600 complete!,Roadmaster tank, 700R4, Underdash A/C in progress, JGC Steering, 1990s truck serpentine.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old May 29th, 20, 7:49 AM
Gold Founding Member

Garage

I saw your car at the NOCC show a few years ago. I like it and it looks like a solid car for your selling point. It says a lot to me when an owner will get in their car and drive a few thousand miles. Good luck whichever way you decide. Personally I hope you stay in the club here.

The biggest problem facing America today is that lies are so widely accepted as truths.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old May 29th, 20, 8:03 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Ed

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan F View Post
I saw your car at the NOCC show a few years ago. I like it and it looks like a solid car for your selling point. It says a lot to me when an owner will get in their car and drive a few thousand miles. Good luck whichever way you decide. Personally I hope you stay in the club here.
Thanks!
As for NOCC, I feel they should give an award for who drove their car the farthest to get there each year, and/or who put the most miles on their car over the last year.
Alan F and Pat_McNeil like this.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old May 31st, 20, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Ed

Garage

OK, consider it officially up for sale. I am still looking into alternatives, but for $15,000 I'd sell it. Pretty much the only acceptable alternative is the idea I had of a 4 post lift and making a hole in the floor of the room above my existing garage, which will be a bit of work. I will probably put it up on Craigslist and Facebook marketplace sometime next week. But I am not looking forward to that, I don't even have a FB account, but other family members do.
Again, with some type of agreed assurance and compensation, and a flight home to Pittsburgh area, I'll deliver just about anywhere on the continent. I have that much confidence in driving it anywhere and always looking for an excuse to road trip.

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old May 31st, 20, 11:32 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Steve

Garage

Are the notary places open out your way yet? Good luck with the sale. Shouldn't take long. I found being blunt and telling BS filled tire kickers to eff off in the add cuts down some of the nonsense.

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old May 31st, 20, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Ed

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ69chevelle View Post
Are the notary places open out your way yet? Good luck with the sale. Shouldn't take long. I found being blunt and telling BS filled tire kickers to eff off in the add cuts down some of the nonsense.
I don't really know, but I know dealerships are open. We are in "Yellow" right now and moving to "Green" on Friday. "Green" still has a TON of rules, but everything is basically permitted, just some things are really locked down on distance and number of people.
Also, I should mention that I am in Greensburg, PA 15601 area, but pretty much anywhere in the Pittsburgh area or a bit east is close by.
ZZ69chevelle likes this.

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 20, 8:37 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Ed

Garage

FYI, I posted it on Craigslist Pittsburgh
https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/ct...143979333.html
Hopefully someone is interested, and I'll see what happens.

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 20, 9:56 AM
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad

Garage

Ed,
Sorry to hear you decided to sell. Wish I had the room for it.
I do have a suggestion for you if you think you may change your mind.
Although I live in a newer house i am familiar with the style and design of your new 100 year old home. Dont think I would cut a hole in that garage ceiling.
Were it me Iwould build a tastefully designed car port off the side of the garage. Would probably park one of the daily drivers in that car port and keep the Elco in the garage. Come November I would put the Elco in the underground storage in Wampum and would leave it there till the end of March. The cost is very reasonable, it has humidy controlled storage and is very secure.
Just a suggestion. Maybe you are ready to move on from the Elco. I believe you will miss it.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 20, 7:02 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Ed

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blm View Post
Ed,
Sorry to hear you decided to sell. Wish I had the room for it.
I do have a suggestion for you if you think you may change your mind.
Although I live in a newer house i am familiar with the style and design of your new 100 year old home. Dont think I would cut a hole in that garage ceiling.
Were it me Iwould build a tastefully designed car port off the side of the garage. Would probably park one of the daily drivers in that car port and keep the Elco in the garage. Come November I would put the Elco in the underground storage in Wampum and would leave it there till the end of March. The cost is very reasonable, it has humidy controlled storage and is very secure.
Just a suggestion. Maybe you are ready to move on from the Elco. I believe you will miss it.
Yeah, I agree with basically all of that, but I am fairly committed now. I have a sweet summer car, and rarely take the El Camino out in the last year. Plus since I moved in November, I haven't had it here other then using it to move boxes. I thought about a car-port for my other car, but the telephone pole ruins that...
SO, I recently bought another vehicle for a winter/family/shopping ride, something I can leave out on the street. and will be using the Challenger as my summer toy and stay in the garage.

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 20, 8:07 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Ed

Garage

Well it is now out of my old house and at my Father-in-law's house.
FWIW, here is the picture of the Vin and Trim Tag
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	vin.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	631014  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in