WTB heater ducts - Chevelle Tech
Temporary Free Classifieds no commercial sales -- simple forum for classifieds -- no catagories for buy or sell just by date

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old May 25th, 20, 12:49 AM Thread Starter

WTB heater ducts

70 SS need the defrost duct, the floor duct for console and the two side ducts that connect for the fresh air ents in the dash
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old May 25th, 20, 9:33 AM
Tech Team

Re: WTB heater ducts

i have the left side duct
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old May 25th, 20, 8:51 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

May have the defrost duct if same as a 71? Will look tomorrow and get back with you. Would think should be the same but not sure.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old May 25th, 20, 9:49 PM
Levon

Just a heads up. The drivers side duct for an SS with gauges is different than the std non gauge duct. Do a search as I'm sure someone has posted pictures of the differences.

Levon Hovagimian
Team Chevelle #279
2015 Camaro ZL1 Summit White (Bone Stock)
70 Chevelle SS 454 LS5 4 speed. SOLD
Current Engine VortecPro 460 (513 HP) Original is resting
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1966 427 Corvette SOLD
1973 Camaro IHRA Hot Rod (LS-6 Auto)11.00 @121 (Chased a 10.99 or better) SOLD

Priddis Greens, Ab. Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old May 26th, 20, 2:23 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tony

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevonH View Post
Just a heads up. The drivers side duct for an SS with gauges is different than the std non gauge duct. Do a search as I'm sure someone has posted pictures of the differences.
I may have both versions for the driver's side. I'll have to check. Don't think I have the others, but maybe...

Once you go RAT, you never go back...
TC #1366

Sold

Sold

&

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old May 26th, 20, 7:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1966_L78 View Post
I may have both versions for the driver's side. I'll have to check. Don't think I have the others, but maybe...
The car has gauges but I have no idea if they were added or not. It may have had warning lights from the factory, I don't know.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old May 26th, 20, 9:56 PM
Levon

Once factory gauges are installed then you need the correct duct for them. I cannot recall if it is the same for just round pod/warning light instrument panels.

Levon Hovagimian
Team Chevelle #279

1966 427 Corvette SOLD

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old May 26th, 20, 10:12 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Guess I'm out on this as the defrost duct I have is for a '71 with the sweep dash. Sorry can't help.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old May 26th, 20, 10:15 PM
Levon

Defrost duct is the same for all. Its the drivers side astrovent duct that is different.

Levon Hovagimian
Team Chevelle #279

1966 427 Corvette SOLD

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old May 26th, 20, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71-SS350 View Post
Guess I'm out on this as the defrost duct I have is for a '71 with the sweep dash. Sorry can't help.
I thought the defrost duct is the same. They sell them new and just list them as for a Chevelle.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old May 26th, 20, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Defrost duct is the same for all. Its the drivers side astrovent duct that is different.
I looked under the dash and cannot tell why it would make a difference if the dash came with gauges or idiot lights? There is a harness to the side but nothing else in the way. Did a search on here but didn't see what makes a difference in a gauge dash vs an idiot light dash. Can anyone explain the difference between the two? It shows that the drivers side air vent duct is different for a gauge dash with AC. This is a non AC car. Putting the original heater system back in.

Last edited by Musclecarguy56; May 26th, 20 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Clarification
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old May 27th, 20, 4:25 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Well I guess I misunderstood about the driver's side duct thinking that was referring to the center defrost duct. Just dug out the spare center defrost duct I have and it's in good shape. No cracks, chips or splits. PN # 3963756 . Typical GM mold spatter at seams, upper screw holes a bit weak maybe but mount just fine with a washer reinforcement. Can do pics if interested, let me know.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old May 27th, 20, 6:34 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Joe Vega

I have the correct heater ducts for the fresh air vents on the side for the 70 SS. Also have the defroster if no one else has it, the center heater duct under the dash I noticed is the same for the console and non console cars. I only seen one that was different because it was a 70 Grand Prix which the console meets up to the dash so they pushed that air to the sides.
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old May 28th, 20, 12:16 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tony

Garage

Quote:
Once factory gauges are installed then you need the correct duct for them. I cannot recall if it is the same for just round pod/warning light instrument panels.
Well... to be "correct" you need the driver's duct for the "gauges" or the Round Pod idiot lights"...

But you can easily modify the "sweep" duct to work...

I originally did this when I swapped my 70 from sweep to the round pod idiot lights, as I didn't have the proper duct... I used a razor knife and maybe a hacksaw to notch the duct in the appropriate area behind the gauges, then "patched" the hole with a small piece of sheet metal... I used pop-rivets and some bathroom caulking and it fit and functioned just fine (factory A/C car)... I later ended up finding the ducts at a swap meet and bought them for future use, but never installed them... that's why I still have them...

TC #1366

Sold

Sold

&

post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old May 28th, 20, 12:18 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tony

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musclecarguy56 View Post
I looked under the dash and cannot tell why it would make a difference if the dash came with gauges or idiot lights? There is a harness to the side but nothing else in the way. Did a search on here but didn't see what makes a difference in a gauge dash vs an idiot light dash. Can anyone explain the difference between the two? It shows that the drivers side air vent duct is different for a gauge dash with AC. This is a non AC car. Putting the original heater system back in.
The duct is not down low, its up high and runs right behind the gauges... if you pull the dash pad off, you can see the clearance issue, as the duct is near the top. I know on one of them, there are little indents to clear the dash light locations that are on the back of the round pods (I don't know the difference between "round pod gauges" and "round pod idiot lights").

TC #1366

Sold

Sold

&

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in