66 2 door Chevelle Wagon !!! - Chevelle Tech
Temporary Free Classifieds no commercial sales -- simple forum for classifieds -- no catagories for buy or sell just by date

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 20, 9:13 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
66 2 door Chevelle Wagon !!!

Not my car
but I hope a TC'er gets this car.This is one of the best custom 2 door Chevelle wagons I've ever seen (from a website on the computer).Looking at the CL photos it looks good and the black paint shows perfect IMO

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto...062208979.html

If this was an East coast car I'd be taking a road trip.Looks like an ElCamino frame and probably was an ElCo to start out with,great car to begin a custom with Really nice car for someone to get and no one will have the same car at a cruise night as you.

John
71 El Camino SS
406 SBC M21 3.31 12 bolt
"Quality is always remembered,long after the price is forgotten"
"I would rather have questions I can't answer than have answers I can't question" :R.Feynman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 20, 11:24 PM
Tech Team
Dennis

Garage
Re: 66 2 door Chevelle Wagon !!!

This car has been bouncing around for sale for more than a year.
The guy would probably have better luck selling it if he just fessed up that itís a creation.
Notice that the VIN is his phone number. Who does that?
71350SS likes this.

66 Chevelle hardtop - LFX 3.6 liter 4 Cam V6/6L50 6 speed auto trans, 3.07 10 bolt, full Hotchkis suspension, Wilwood 4 wheel discs, white with red interior, cowl hood.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 20, 12:24 AM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71350SS View Post
Not my car
but I hope a TC'er gets this car.This is one of the best custom 2 door Chevelle wagons I've ever seen (from a website on the computer).Looking at the CL photos it looks good and the black paint shows perfect IMO

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto...062208979.html

If this was an East coast car I'd be taking a road trip.Looks like an ElCamino frame and probably was an ElCo to start out with,great car to begin a custom with Really nice car for someone to get and no one will have the same car at a cruise night as you.
It's an east coast car, check his area code...(774) Massachusetts. Jump on I95 North & go take a look. He's just listing it on every CL across the country. It was on the Vegas CL about 4-5 months ago.
71350SS likes this.

64 2 door Wagon Build thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

67 2 door Sedan LS1 T56

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 20, 1:48 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to davewho1

Wasn't this car discussed within the last couple of months?

He has now modified his barker's pitch to almost but not quite claim it is a "rare" factory built '66 2-door wagon.

I will admit that I dig these IF they are well-done.
71350SS likes this.

David

1966 Fremont 11A, SS396/L35 coupe - 1 of 66,843

MM/763; A01; A39; A51; D55; M35; N40; U14; U63

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 20, 8:17 AM
Senior Tech Team
Jeff

That is a very nice wagon.. It looks like it was a originally an el Camino with wagon sides and roof added.
That would make a real nice cruiser..
71350SS likes this.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 20, 9:29 AM
Tech Team

I don't know why guys get hung up on if it was real or not and who built it.
If it's known that gm didn't build them, then they didn't build and it's a homemade creation.
Anyone that is going to buy that car is probably a big enough car guy to know that.
Is the car straight and was it done correctly.
Then who cares. It's a sweet car. Buy it and drive it!

Before I bought my 67. I was look hard at a 65 2 door wagon. I knew it wasn't originally but it looked sweet and probably would have been the only one at cruise night.

Now I got a regular ol' red 67 Malibu.
While currently I'm the only one at cruise night. It's only a matter of time before another 67 shows up....
71350SS and 68-13427 like this.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 20, 10:13 AM
Senior Tech Team

I’ve seen a 68 or 9 Chevelle wagon done up as SS. Very nice !

As to originality, how many knew Chevrolet made ‘63 Novas with full (Torino style) fastbacks ?
71350SS likes this.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 20, 10:34 AM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binford View Post
If it's known that gm didn't build them, then they didn't build and it's a homemade creation.
Anyone that is going to buy that car is probably a big enough car guy to know that.

Before I bought my 67. I was look hard at a 65 2 door wagon. I knew it wasn't originally but it looked sweet and probably would have been the only one at cruise night.

While currently I'm the only one at cruise night. It's only a matter of time before another 67 shows up....
The difference is the 64/65 were factory 2 door wagons. I don't think anyone is thinking that the 66 is factory but are noting what the seller is saying.

Tighten it till it strips and back it off a quarter turn.

70 (SOLD)

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 20, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelysalty View Post
Iíve seen a 68 or 9 Chevelle wagon done up as SS. Very nice !

As to originality, how many knew Chevrolet made Ď63 Novas with full (Torino style) fastbacks ?
Ya don't say ?

John
71 El Camino SS
406 SBC M21 3.31 12 bolt
"Quality is always remembered,long after the price is forgotten"
"I would rather have questions I can't answer than have answers I can't question" :R.Feynman
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 20, 12:04 PM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro462 View Post
That is a very nice wagon.. It looks like it was a originally an el Camino with wagon sides and roof added.
That would make a real nice cruiser..

I doubt it started life as an El Camino, it has a spare tire well in the lower passenger qtr & the corners of the door window frames match the factory 64/65 2 door wagons.
davewho1 likes this.

64 2 door Wagon Build thread

67 2 door Sedan LS1 T56

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 20, 4:31 PM
Senior Tech Team
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewho1 View Post
Wasn't this car discussed within the last couple of months?

He has now modified his barker's pitch to almost but not quite claim it is a "rare" factory built '66 2-door wagon.

I will admit that I dig these IF they are well-done.
Yes, yes it was.
https://www.chevelles.com/forums/60-...oor-wagon.html
davewho1 likes this.

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 20, 2:20 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tony

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binford View Post

The hang up, IMO, isn't so much the car being real or not, its the seller's attempt to bait unsuspecting buyers into thinking its real... and "rare"... You know IF it was real, the guy would post the VIN (at least the first 5+ digits) to prove it wasn't an Elco or 4-door wagon VIN.

It looks like a nice car from the pictures, but still needs a lot of little stuff. IMO, its listed ($35k) at about double its value... Even if it really was an ultra-rare, bonified '66 2-door wagon (with a correct VIN), I think the $35k is still a stretch... I'd say $15k-$20k, based on the pictures and description.

I also laugh when the seller's ad says "The car is getting sold" which has been in the ad for MONTHS, I think was left over when he had it up for auction... Apparently no one thinks its worth near his asking price or the car would have sold...

Like you wishing the car was east coast, I wish it was west coast. If it really was in San Francisco, I probably would have taken a closer look...
68-13427 likes this.

Once you go RAT, you never go back...
TC #1366

Sold

Sold

&

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 20, 11:26 AM
Team Member
Dave

I believe Chuck still has that wagon, its red with a flame job on the front, and a very high quality build.

It is a rare man who can count his own blessings and not mistake them for personal achievements.
"SSuper Dave" Palmer
A.C.E.S. #1483 TC #32 Gold
1970 El Camino Custom, 350/300, needs paint, rust free Arizona car
1968 Caprice coupe, Ash Gold/Ivy Gold, 327/300hp, rally wheels, disc brakes, buckets, console, am/fm and tach dash, tilt and a/c.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 20, 11:42 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bill Wente

Yes, it's still in Chuck's garage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0561.jpeg
Views:	11
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	617374  
davewho1 likes this.

A few '67s and a '66
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 20, 11:59 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Terry

Real GM or not , it's really cool , i would own it for a reasonable price. Terry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in