WTB: CARtoons and Hot Rod Cartoons comic magazines, 1960s/1970s - Chevelle Tech
Temporary Free Classifieds no commercial sales -- simple forum for classifieds -- no catagories for buy or sell just by date

2Likes
  • 2 Post By Rich-L79

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 19, 9:16 PM Thread Starter
Super Mod
Rich

Garage
WTB: CARtoons and Hot Rod Cartoons comic magazines, 1960s/1970s

I still have quite a few of my old Cartoons and Hot Rod Cartoons magazines and it occurred to me it might be fun to try to collect every issue. I have nearly every issue from the mid-1970s to 1991 when the magazine ended so I need to concentrate on collecting those from the 1960s and early 1970s. I'm interested in reader quality magazines not collector quality (because I like to read them not just look at them). I do only want magazines that are complete, intact with all covers, pages and inserts but a few wrinkles or creases don't bother me.

If you have any you'd like to sell, let me know which issues and the price and if I still need those issues I'm sure we can swing a deal.

NCOA member #220
ACES member #1670
Team Chevelle #998

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rich Cummings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 19, 8:56 AM
Senior Tech Team
Jeff

Re: WTB: CARtoons and Hot Rod Cartoons comic magazines, 1960s/1970s

Not sure if you're aware, but they've started CARtoons back up. My brother has been bringing me all the new issues. Not as good as the originals, but what ever is?

https://www.cartoonsmag.com/

Good luck on your search!

*Jeff*

Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
LQ4 / T56 Swap

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 19, 6:08 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Shane

I have some baseball card sized car related cards. I forget the name currently but I have almost the whole set, from the late 60's I believe.

New oil is cheaper than new parts

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 29th, 19, 12:38 AM
Cam
Gold Founding Member
Cameron Milne

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishhead View Post
I have some baseball card sized car related cards. I forget the name currently but I have almost the whole set, from the late 60's I believe.
Are these the old drag racer cards? I remember those from the glory years of class racing. Rolland Leong with the Hawaiian funny car, Gene Snow, The Snake & Mongoose, plus Sox & Martin, Billy The Kid, Grumpy & his toys, Wally Booth... I think they came with Fleer Double Bubble gum or something like it. What you could get back then for pennies...

"The more you know,
the more you realize there is that you don't know." - Dad

TC Gold #120

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 29th, 19, 9:50 AM Thread Starter
Super Mod
Rich

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
Not sure if you're aware, but they've started CARtoons back up. My brother has been bringing me all the new issues. Not as good as the originals, but what ever is?

https://www.cartoonsmag.com/

Good luck on your search!
Yes, I subscribed when it first started up again. But like you said, no where as good as the old ones.

NCOA member #220
ACES member #1670
Team Chevelle #998

Rich Cummings
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 29th, 19, 10:02 AM
Senior Tech Team

I really wish I kept my collection of CARtoons. I subscribed for many years when I was a kid back in the 1980s. Loved the work of Shawn Kerri, George Trosley, etc... would love to read them again.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 19th, 19, 8:37 PM Thread Starter
Super Mod
Rich

Garage

I'm sure no one really cares all that much, but I've been storming right along collecting old copies. I read every one as it arrives. I only have 4 more to go to complete my collection: April 1962, June 1963, December 1972, December 1974. All of those are Cartoons, I completed my Hot Rod Cartoons collection just today!
davewho1 and Tophog like this.

NCOA member #220
ACES member #1670
Team Chevelle #998

Rich Cummings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in