Bucket/Bench/Rear seat Padding Install & Repair kits - Chevelle Tech
Temporary Free Classifieds no commercial sales -- simple forum for classifieds -- no catagories for buy or sell just by date

7Likes
  • 2 Post By 72soft-top
  • 1 Post By 1966_L78
  • 2 Post By RAMBO
  • 1 Post By 1966_L78
  • 1 Post By RAMBO

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 31st, 19, 6:20 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Ben

Garage
Bucket/Bench/Rear seat Padding Install & Repair kits

Getting ready to restore your car's seats, but don't know what all you might need once you get the old covers off?
I sell kits that include EVERYTHING you will need (well... you still need covers and buns and some tools of course! lol)

Bucket Seat Padding & install Kit - 64-72
Kit contains material to re-build (2) bucket seats:
(4) 25x25 burlap squares
(4) Precut jute decking sets (1 center, 2 bolster pieces per cushion)
(2) Jute spring insulation sets (lower fronts, lower inner & outer sides, upper cushion top center)
(4) 48" paper covered wire rods (for use inside the lower cover sleeves, or to replace the listing rods on the spring assemblies)
(5ft) 11ga Medium loop springs (bottom & upper cushion)
(5ft) 9ga medium loop springs (bottom cushion)
(35) spring clips
(1) bag of hogrings (enough for pair of buckets)

Bench Seat / Rear Seat Padding & Install Kit
Kit contains material to re-build (1) front Bench seat, or (1) Rear Seat:
(2) 66" burlap sheets
(2) 66" Jute decking sheets
(4) 48" paper covered wire rods (for use inside the cover sleeves)
(5ft) 11ga Medium loop springs
(5ft) 9ga medium loop springs
(35) spring clips
(1) bag of hogrings (enough for 1 bench or 1 rear seat)

These kits are $80 each+$19 shipping (USPS Flat Rate large)
Buy two kits at once and I will take $10 off the total

Have specific seat spring repair needs?
Tell me when you order and I can make them here and include them ready to install with your kits materials.

[email protected]
make sure to mention you saw this here on Team Chevelle... I have these kits priced higher on ebay and elsewhere.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PaddingKit.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	585032   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170128_113314_zpsselwmuuh.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	585034   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170128_111507_zps6czguyhj.jpg
Size:	446.9 KB
ID:	585036   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170128_115953_zpsvtxnbuaf.jpg
Size:	354.8 KB
ID:	585038  

Name:	IMG_20170128_131514_zpszehtfxhr.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	423.6 KB
ID:	585040  

Ben R.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 19, 1:12 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Ben

Garage
Re: Bucket/Bench/Rear seat Padding Install & Repair kits

TTT

Still plenty of time before summer to rebuild your seats! Get your supplies now so you are ready to put them back together!!

[email protected]

Ben R.

-

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 19, 8:18 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Brian

These are great kits and Ben (RAMBO) is a top notch vendor.
RAMBO and davewho1 like this.

Team Chevelle Member (19 years and counting...
)

'72 Chevelle Convertible (Mohave Gold) (all SS options, no SS badging)

2004 Pontiac GTO (Quicksilver) RIP April 2013
--> Replaced with 2004 Pontiac GTO (Barbados Blue)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche (Sunset Orange Metallic)

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 19, 1:37 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Ben

Garage

ttt

Ben R.

-

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 19, 5:36 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Ben

Garage

ttt

Ben R.

-

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old May 14th, 19, 2:58 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tony

Garage

I guess I should start gathering my supplies, and place an order...

I'll have to get out the seat frames and see what I need specifically...

Ben, is there anything else recommended for the seats? I know ACI foam for the fronts, what about the rear seat? will I need more foam? what density?
RAMBO likes this.

Once you go RAT, you never go back...
TC #1366

Sold

Sold

&

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old May 14th, 19, 4:03 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Ben

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1966_L78 View Post
I guess I should start gathering my supplies, and place an order...

I'll have to get out the seat frames and see what I need specifically...

Ben, is there anything else recommended for the seats? I know ACI foam for the fronts, what about the rear seat? will I need more foam? what density?
For your 66 right? Definitely strip them first to see if you need any specific repair parts.
Shoot me a pm and we'll go from there.

Ben R.

-

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old May 14th, 19, 5:43 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tony

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMBO View Post
For your 66 right? Definitely strip them first to see if you need any specific repair parts.
I stripped them already, just need to take some pictures... Some rusty springs, a few broken ones, but not too bad... I think... I think all the problems are on the bucket seat bottoms...

Maybe this weekend I'll snap some good pictures for you...

TC #1366

Sold

Sold

&

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old May 14th, 19, 5:45 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tony

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMBO View Post
Yeah, 66 buckets and rear.

I stripped them already, just need to take some pictures... Some rusty springs, a few broken ones, but not too bad... I think... I think all the problems are on the bucket seat bottoms...

TC #1366

Sold

Sold

&

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old May 14th, 19, 5:55 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Ben

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1966_L78 View Post
Yeah, 66 buckets and rear.

Not sure if I've posted these before, but its a guide I created for where to look once stripped for typical problems.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	66-72-lower-commonbreaks-watermarked.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	593676   Click image for larger version

Name:	66-72-upper-commonbreaks-watermarked.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	593678  
1966_L78 and davewho1 like this.

Ben R.

-

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old May 15th, 19, 2:11 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tony

Garage

Great info Ben... One of the bottoms has A, B, C and D issues

One back has the D issue... I tied some pink strings in the areas, but this is only the first seat, I don't see the pictures of the other one...

Those are some great diagrams...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSback broken spring.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	593720   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSBucket broken springs.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	593722   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSback broken spring2.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	593724  
RAMBO likes this.

TC #1366

Sold

Sold

&

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 19, 1:11 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Ben

Garage

ttt
Bringing back to the top... summers winding down, great time to start gathering stuff for your fall/winter interior projects!

*** Prices on some of my supplies have gone up, so price on the kits are going to go up as well- but I'll continue to honor the prices I listed above until Thanksgiving 2019.
davewho1 likes this.

Ben R.

-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in