Decal placement - Chevelle Tech
Restoration Corner Where originality comes first.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By urleycay

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Today, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Decal placement

I am finally finishing resto on my 71 SS 454, 4 spd fac. a/c El Camino and I want to be sure of decal placement f/ emissions decal, coolant, valve cover Chrome high horse-I believe 365 hp left the factory w/ orange valve covers but I want 425hp decal, harrison evap, air cleaner -454 & make your gm all gm, and are there any in doors? I cannot find any pictures or instructions. I have a general idea but just want to be sure.
thanks Tony
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5917.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	603056  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Today, 2:40 PM
Senior Tech Team
Bruce

Location: White Bear Lake, a northeast suburb of St. Paul, MinneSNOWta
Garage
Re: Decal placement

Quote:
Originally Posted by urleycay View Post
are there any in doors?
Engine and bay lookin' good. I doubt that the Harrison Sticker will fit your compressor. There's a federal compliance sticker that goes on the driver's door rear frame. Your 1972 Chevelle and El Camino Factory Assembly Instruction Manual must have all the specification/locations in the first few pages of the manual.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	label_certification.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	603072  

Our You Tube Vids:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Today, 3:54 PM
Cam
Gold Founding Member
Cameron Milne

Please, please make sure you don't use one of these "Caution Fan" decals that people keep thinking is correct. They are not, they are for Mustangs.

The '71 Big Block air cleaner decals are 1-year-only. Then there is the emissions tune-up decal that goes on the rad support. As NickeyChevelle said, check your assembly manual as there should be a section on decal placement.

Things are looking great under the hood of your Elky!

"The more you know,
the more you realize there is that you don't know." - Dad

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TC Gold #120

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Today, 5:19 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Wow, looking at the word Nickey brings back memories. I worked a 1/2 block from Nickeys when I was much younger in Chicago, Plus we had Mr. Norms & skips drive-in, Dukes-MAN THOSE WERE GOOD TIMES! anyway I just found the tag for inside drivers door and just found info in service manual for placement of three stickers on top of Radiator from left to right, coolant, Tune-up, Emissions, is thre a emission decal that's separate? I have tune-up and always thought that was on right and nothing in middle. the one I have saids 454 and shows where to set timing in park or neutral and how many degrees, etc. the service manual does not show air cleaner and I have a sticker I believe goes on the left side of cowl air cleaner that saids something like"keeping your Gm all GM" is that correct? high horse big block valve covers have a CR or CV thats goes on back of valve cover but I am unsure about 425hp sticker. Well thanks for help guys and nice comments about engine bay I should post an undercarriage pic and you'll see I,ve loss my mind.
Thanks Tony
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_5874.jpg
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	603084   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5872.jpg
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	603086  
NickeyChevelle likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in