1967 F70 option - Page 2 - Chevelle Tech
Restoration Corner Where originality comes first.

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 19, 2:03 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Todd

Re: 1967 F70 option

Bill I also Found my my soft trim broadcast sheet from 68 SS L34 396 under pass side bucket seat if you would like to see or copy ?

TB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 19, 9:06 AM
Senior Tech Team
Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by burlyboysinc View Post
Bill Thank you Too.I have a few original sets of 14" rings.One Set has the Inner clips with a Hole in the Ring I Think They are from my 68 D/B Chevelle with XB rally ? and Three Sets that Have what I think is 67 14" rings with 4 outside clips just Like a Real 15x8 ring would Have,BUT Two sets Go To A Point at the top with open ends and the other Two sets are Rounded with open ends.Tried to put up pics yesterday of The spare red line DG with Grey backside, But I can Build Commercial Building,Kitchens,custom Homes ,Bikes and just about anything else but Can't seem to attach pictures.I will get it by tomorrow.Correct me if im wrong.You would only get a DG rim if a F70 option was ordered.Keep in mind im not a SS or 396. Is There such thing as a small block COPO Chevelle It seems like it has alot more Than the 275HP as advertised.Ok Thanks and not sure if thats for another fourm ?
Keep in mind 99.9% of all COPO cars where taxis, police cars and other commercial fleet cars and trucks. COPO required a engineering design or other approval of parts that is not A RPO found in that plant or used on that model of car and truck. What is on the stamp pad? Has the engine ever been out of the car?

1966 Chevelle SS 396/360 M21 3:73 posi. silver/blue buckets

Maryland Chevelle Club #682
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 19, 9:48 AM
Gold Founding Member
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by burlyboysinc View Post
Bill Thank you Too.I have a few original sets of 14" rings.One Set has the Inner clips with a Hole in the Ring I Think They are from my 68 D/B Chevelle with XB rally ? and Three Sets that Have what I think is 67 14" rings with 4 outside clips just Like a Real 15x8 ring would Have,BUT Two sets Go To A Point at the top with open ends and the other Two sets are Rounded with open ends.Tried to put up pics yesterday of The spare red line DG with Grey backside, But I can Build Commercial Building,Kitchens,custom Homes ,Bikes and just about anything else but Can't seem to attach pictures.I will get it by tomorrow.Correct me if im wrong.You would only get a DG rim if a F70 option was ordered.Keep in mind im not a SS or 396. Is There such thing as a small block COPO Chevelle It seems like it has alot more Than the 275HP as advertised.Ok Thanks and not sure if thats for another fourm ?
DG rally wheels were the code for the 14 x 6 when disc brakes when ordered with the 1967 SS396. The 1967 SS396 came standard with F70x14 tires (red stripe standard, white stripe optional at no extra cost).

Disc brakes were optional in 1967 for any other 1967 Chevelle and came with DA coded 14 x 5 rally wheels and 7.35 x 14 tires standard. F70 tires were an option on any 1967 Chevelle, except the SS396 where they were standard equipment and the station wagons. F70 x 14 tires did NOT require disc brakes on any other 1967 Chevelle. There were two F70 tire options in 1967; PW7 for white stripe and PW8 for red stripe. These two F70 tires were optional on any non-SS396 1967 Chevelle at an additional cost.

COPO is a very misused term. The only production Chevelle that required the COPO (Central Office Production Order) was the 1969 model year to get the 427 engine in an A-body Chevelle since GM had a 400 cid engine size limit on A-body Chevelles. "COPO" just sounds sexier than "F&SO" but the F&SO is where in-house minor mods would get done. All other special orders like special paint or stripe delete on 1970 ZL2 hood, required an approval from the Fleet & Special Order (F&SO) office. There were no COPO small block options, the L79 327/275hp version was the hottest of the two 327s in 1967.
davewho1 likes this.

TC Gold #92 ~ August 1998
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* Build Sheet Data Collection
* Author:

post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 19, 3:19 PM
Cam
Gold Founding Member
Cameron Milne

I'm positive that ordering F70-14 tires on your '67 would also net you an upgrade from 5" to 6" wheel width. That is true on drum brake cars with the 3871919 wheel or a disk brake car.

1967 Chevelle wagons did not offer the 70-series rubber and came with 5" wide wheels & 7.75-14 tires max.

The rear frame reinforcements were included on the SS396 models plus 12-bolts on non-SS Chevelles (L-79s, L30/M20 combos(not 100% included in U.S. production))

"The more you know,
the more you realize there is that you don't know." - Dad

TC Gold #120

post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 19, 3:40 PM
Cam
Gold Founding Member
Cameron Milne

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleM View Post
...Both 1966 and 1967 283 & 327 Chevelles would come with resonators (#3878305 LH/#3878306 RH) when RPO N10 dual exhaust was ordered. Many aftermarket suppliers like Walker, Maremont, et al. would sell replacement tailpipes without the resonators...

See, I always suspected the '67 small block Chevelles with optional dual exhausts came with resonators. I know I asked the question here a few years back and it was not a consensus. Dale, I know you like to use facts rather than hearsay

"The more you know,

TC Gold #120

post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 19, 3:49 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Todd

Yes i am a 327 -275HP. Here is pics of original rims from my 1967 -327 car. Strange car, almost like they forgot to install the 396.Looking for some help with vinyl top pieces.I have another 67 that has some clips about 3' long.primer red in color on the sides.Does anyone sell these or know of some originals for sale.

TB
post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 19, 3:52 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Todd

rim

TB
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 19, 5:17 PM
Senior Tech Team

Pictures? Please?

Mike Smith
72 Chevelle, LS 6.0 LQ9 4l80e
post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 19, 5:27 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Todd

cant seem to drag and attach pics.will keep trying. [email protected] maybe i can send to someone and they Post it ?

TB
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 19, 6:27 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Todd

Keith. stamp is V0405EC.Far as I know it has never been out of the car.I have had it for 30 years and The guy I got it from was a Cop and now a insurance guy so i don't think he ever had any reason to pull it out,But you never Know.Should I start a new forum about odd 67 small block options .new here and not sure yet how people post because I have question about smog as EC should be smog with a powerglide but no signs of any smog,the owner don't remember any smog being on it.exhaust manifolds have plugs but dont see any other bolts or studs that would mount the brackets and The Lower A/C bracket is A/C Only as a smog-A/C car would have a different bracket.Strange why would someone go through the trouble of changing that bracket and proper spacers apposed to just pulling the pump.The Fremont Plant is right down the Road do you think its possible he had friends or a connection at the plant and they never added the smog Equipment ?

TB
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 19, 6:35 PM
Senior Tech Team
Keith

if I am not mistaken most of the smog stuff was installed at the engine plant. and I can ensure it was on when it was new. would not take much to remove it and make it look clean.

also to add pictures you need to upload it to a picture hosting website. then you can post it on here

1966 Chevelle SS 396/360 M21 3:73 posi. silver/blue buckets

Maryland Chevelle Club #682
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 19, 6:43 PM
Cam
Gold Founding Member
Cameron Milne

Guys, "smog" K19 & K24 was not even available in Canada back on the '67's. If K24 was included on a particular engine, fine, but to add it or K19, No!

As far as engine plants for Canadian cars, I have seen Flint for H.P. small blocks (1965) & Tonawanda for the big blocks (there have been A FEW (very) of McKinnon BBC). Totally expect any Big Blocks to be from Tonawanda, not a long way as the crow flies from St. Catherines.

"The more you know,

TC Gold #120

post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 19, 7:59 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Todd

The car was built in Fremont second week of april and sold in Oakland.

TB
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 19, 8:12 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Todd

If this works , more to come.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190716_185103.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	598652  

TB
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 19, 8:22 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Todd

more pics of spare
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190716_184839.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	598654  

TB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in