Can I use a different wiper motor and switch in my 66 Chevelle to get delay and speed - Page 2 - Chevelle Tech
2002 General Tech questions from 2002

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 02, 2:02 PM
Tech Team

I couldnt seem to get the links to come up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 02, 2:09 PM
wagons rule!
Pete

Location: In the Beautiful mountains of western North Carolina
is anyone else having a problem? if not try again.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 02, 5:05 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

I can't get them either.

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 02, 9:15 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Rob

So the one on a 70 ish Chevelle is slotted? Mine is round like a radio knob but larger I assume the 67 to 64's are the same but what about the 68-69?

I also coulnd't get the links to open up.

Thanks

------------------
1966 Chevelle Malibu Sandalwood, Gold color
454, .30 over, dual quads
700 R4 transmission
12" disks up front and hope to have disks in the rear soon.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 02, 9:57 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Whittaker:
So the one on a 70 ish Chevelle is slotted? Mine is round like a radio knob but larger I assume the 67 to 64's are the same but what about the 68-69?

I also coulnd't get the links to open up.

Thanks

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, the round ones. Might want to check with JC Whitney. See if wiper delay module 12HC2370A is still available. It was $12.95 a couple of years back. Has a round shaft but I don't know the diameter. One could gut the case and mount everything behind the dash. There is another module available with the pulse mist button for a couple of bucks more. Don't know great these are but been around for a long time.

Interesting information. Been reading and learned a few things. I have not found anything that works well with a park type motor.

[This message has been edited by John_Muha (edited 04-12-2002).]
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 02, 10:28 AM
wagons rule!
Pete

Location: In the Beautiful mountains of western North Carolina
sorry try these: http://members.aol.com/smartasrealit...lsewiper-a.jpg http://members.aol.com/smartasrealit...lsewiper-b.jpg

------------------
Only in America do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering and people leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage. www.EINSTYN.com TC#1460, VCEA#2
. . _________ . . . . . .. _________
.../___---___\ . . ____/|__|__\___\
(OO[=====]OO) {_______________|
.{}.............{}.....O...............O....
1970 Chevelle 454 Wagons
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 07, 9:42 AM
Terry

Re: Can I use a different wiper motor and switch in my 66 Chevelle to get delay and s

Hey Guys,
I'm working on my boy's 1980 Malibu and it has delayed wipers. The only piece of the harness we have is the three-wire that goes in on top; but we're missing the two-wire harness that plugs into the side of the motor. I think these are the bias wires (+ & -); but can't seam to find it in any diagrams. I don't know what happened to the two-wire harness I may have pulled it back when I was playing racer wanna-be in the eighties. Now I need to get this beast up and running again so my boy can enjoy his first Malibu (Mine was a 70). Do any of you know what the wiring is for the 1980?
Thanks Much!

1980 Malibu Classic
I held on to her for almost twenty years; waiting on my boy to hit that eighteen mark. Well, he made it and she made it:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You can see the other stages this machine has been through by visiting his Malibu site at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Peace!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 4376 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.