Dale McIntosh - Chevelle Tech
2002 General Tech questions from 2002

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 02, 5:06 AM Thread Starter

Hey man long time no type. I was wondering what size cowl do you have? I'm needing a cowl to compensate for my new combo. I hate to get rid of my SS hood it's brand new!

------------------
"You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose."

67 Chevelle
396/.0040 over
Edelbrock 750
T-400
200 shot
3.73's
01'F-250 Superduty 4x4
01'Grand Cherokee
91'1500 GMC
75'Female, with set of aftermarket headlights
2002 HARLEY SUPERCREW with eaton supercharger(wifes vehicle)

www.geocities.com/shannont802002
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 02, 7:25 AM
Gold Founding Member
Dale

The hood is by Glasstek and has a 4" rise; and that just does clear the FI unit. I would think with a drop top air cleaner you should be able to get your Edelbrock under a stock hood (?). Might have to fool with the linkage and get a 90 degree fuel connection, but Edelbrock has those. If not, probably a 2" would suffice.

Glasstek (630-978-9897) are the only ones making a glass hood currently for a 67 that's any good. I hear Goodmark is but there's no pricing or availability yet - I think they're fishing.

Car's looking real good - how do you like your B&M?

------------------
TC Gold #92/ACES #1709
67 SS & 67 Elky
GR8PMKN

Dale's Place Team 67
Midwest Chevelle Regional Governing Council
Integrity: If you have it, it doesn't matter - If you don't have it, it doesn't matter.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 02, 8:02 AM
Senior Tech Team

ShannonT, you got any pics of those aftermarket headlights? I haven't seen any and might consider some for my '72 around tax refund time next year.

------------------
My Web Page (updated 06-21-02)

"Long Live Freedom!"

Chad Landry
TC Member #643
ACES Member #4556
'68 El Camino, 357, L31 Vortec heads, 700R4,
8.2 10-bolt, 3.55 gears, Auburn Pro Posi.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 02, 10:09 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Terry

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjlandry:
ShannonT, you got any pics of those aftermarket headlights? I haven't seen any and might consider some for my '72 around tax refund time next year.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's good! Aftermarket Headlights? I looked at Chad's signature and thought, wait a minute, Chad does not have a 72! So I had to go have a look at ShannonT's post again. Laughed till the tears came I did!
I must say though, I have more respect for women that go the other way and have a reduction done. The reason being is there is not one man on this site that would have a 1/16th of an inch removed from his "you know what",no matter how much his back hurt!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 02, 11:33 AM
Tech Team

I laugh every single time I see that, in every single thread.

I like your car Shannon. Takes me back to when I was 16.

My yellow car that made my convertible possible...

------------------
my 67 droptop

Interior

big block
-------------------
Dad's 67 droptop
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 02, 2:52 PM Thread Starter

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjlandry:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They were in the neighbor hood of $3400.00 with all the extra hardware for installation. They were PROFESSIONALLY built right there in Baton, Rouge. I have a bunch of friends (Hooters, Strippers) who had good luck with this particular installer. BEST money ever spent, almost important as my LASIX. They will be on display on the Cruise the Coast in Oct. Brady's 74' has a great set not OEM, that will be on display also www.turbocharged.net Haven't got around to posting any pics on my site......but there in the near future. Hope to see you guys there!

------------------
"You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose."

67 Chevelle
396/.0040 over
Edelbrock 750
T-400
200 shot
3.73's
01'F-250 Superduty 4x4
01'Grand Cherokee
91'1500 GMC

[This message has been edited by shannont (edited 09-12-2002).]

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 02, 3:07 PM Thread Starter

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dale McIntosh:
The hood is by Glasstek and has a 4" rise; and that just does clear the FI unit. I would think with a drop top air cleaner you should be able to get your Edelbrock under a stock hood (?). Might have to fool with the linkage and get a 90 degree fuel connection, but Edelbrock has those. If not, probably a 2" would suffice.

Glasstek (630-978-9897) are the only ones making a glass hood currently for a 67 that's any good. I hear Goodmark is but there's no pricing or availability yet - I think they're fishing.

Car's looking real good - how do you like your B&M?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dale I love my B&M. I hated the fact that I had to lose the console to fit it, but once it was gone, I felt there was less clutter in the car.
Well my drop down Edelbrock does fit under the SS hood. My new combo is a Merlin 509ci built by Bill Mitchell's team (I know my combo has nothing more than a cam breakin on it, I've been hooked on forced induction since riding in Bradys TT Z-28). The link at the bottom will give you the specs on the 509. Due to funds I will be installing the Merlin with the carb set up for a while. I'm still deciding on the EFI system right now. I like the Super Ram set up, just not sure it will handle the 1600hp air and fuel system that's in the near future (well, I wouldn't say near)

http://theengineshop.com/engine3.shtml

------------------

67 Chevelle
396/.0040 over
Edelbrock 750
T-400
200 shot
3.73's
01'F-250 Superduty 4x4
01'Grand Cherokee
91'1500 GMC

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 02, 7:57 AM

Shannon, I want you job whatever it is. You have too many toys and I want some too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 6485 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.