After so many searches, and so much reading, I decided to open this can of worms yet again
So, here's the story. The car rides fine until about 40ish. Then you can start to feel just a slight vibration. Run it up to 60 and you can then hear it. It's hard to explain what it sounds like, almost like I have one nasty flat tire. But I don't. I'm around the 2750 RPM range there. At speed, if I put the trans into neutral, the vibration continues.
If I slowly creep up to 60 it's not all that bad, until I let off the gas. Then it's bad. If I'm on it up to 60 then it just builds up to being bad.
The list of things that I have in my head to check:
- Check tire pressure again in all, and perhaps have them balanced. How does a person balance tires this wide?
- Drive line angles. I tried to do this recently, but I don't think Im getting good measurements with the drive shaft in the car. To get real good ones I'm going to remove it then measure.
- Have the drive shaft balanced. It's a new shaft, but maybe it's built wrong?
- Check for bent rear axle. This could well be on the right track, as it appears one of them is dripping out behind the drivers back wheel
- Perhaps my trans / GearVendor over drive is causing some vibrations, I'll explain that in a minute.
The list of things that have been done recently:
- GearVendors OD installed with new driveshaft. The old one was junk. The installation of this unit made the trans / OD sit very close to the tunnel in the floor of the car. I clearance it during install, but I wonder if when I accelerate to a certain point this thing is moving around and transmitting vibrations into the floor.
- Rear shocks replaced with QA1 coilovers. I set them back at the same ride height.
- All ignition components replaced. I don't think this has anything to do with it, but it was done.
- Front end aligned. Still using what appears to be stock arms and shocks / springs.
This just started happening this year, and this is what has been done since.
Basically I'm just throwing this out there as a sanity check on my part. I am no chassis expert. But in reading I've picked up some of these ideas. Is there anything else i'm missing?
Any ideas that pop out to you guys would be appreciated! I'm determined to get this one fixed so that I can actually drive the car this summer rather than just work on it all the time.