Early T10 shifter - Page 2 - Chevelle Tech
Transmission & Driveline Transmissions and Differentials

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 20, 8:25 AM
Senior Tech Team

Shane, Think of the movie GONE IN 30 SECONDS.

😁
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 20, 9:21 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Shane

Re: Early T10 shifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
I put a super t10 in my 70 and had issues with my hurst linkage. Eric Davidson at Crash Enterprises helped me with the correct parts to make it happen. No modifications to my sheet metal at all. I'll bet he had an answer for you. [email protected].
(262) 942-8882. I think that number is still good, I talked with him last spring. Hope this helps.

Email has been sent. Thank you!
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 20, 9:54 PM
Tech Team

The E-mail didn't get here, so try the phone number its good...

Thanks... Crash

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old Jan 31st, 20, 8:32 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashent View Post
The E-mail didn't get here, so try the phone number its good...

Thanks... Crash

Will do. Just so you know, I sent it through your website. When I Googled the phone number to see if it was still good, I found your website and messaged you that way.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 20, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Shane

Quick update:

I spent a little time in the shop this weekend working on the Chevelle. Decided to remove the Competion Plus shifter and mess around with the stock shifter because my new console came in on Friday. The tailshaft on my T10 has 8 mounting holes. Stock shifter uses 3. 6 of the mounting holes are a direct bolt-on. I used the 3 holes closest to the firewall. The other 3 holes are directly behind the first 3 about 3/4". I bolted the shifter up and then placed the new tunnel sheet metal piece where it's shaped to it. Perfect fit with no interference. I used the linkage that was already on the transmission. Once adjusted, 1st through 4th was working perfectly. Reverse was a little stubborn, though. The 3rd to 4th gear linkage runs directly along side (in front of) the reverse lever. When shifting to reverse, the reverse linkage makes contact with the 3 to 4 linkage, but only slightly. The current reverse lever is short and looks like a muncie, based on what I have found on the internet. I put on a longer lever so that the linkage mounts a little lower and no longer hits 3 to 4 linkage. Doing so changed the throw ratio a little but it shifts perfectly. I was a little surprised. I bolted on the new console and the only real issue I have is that the shifter sits more to the right, inside the opening, but nothing hits when rowing gears. Reverse comes close to hitting, but does not. I'm going to make a 3/4" spacer to move the shifter over closer to center and also check center of the tailshaft in relation to the car. No telling what the previous owner did. The Lakewood bellhousing was/is hitting the drivers side floor, after all. I think I'm going look for a different 3 to 4 linkage as well in hopes it will move out of the way of the reverse linkage so I can go back to the shorter throw lever. I do have a question though. Can anyone give me the measurement from the top of the console opening to the top of the shifter ball? I've googled it with no success
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 20, 12:29 PM
Banned
Cory

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bates View Post
That is definitely an early (1959-61) T10. More info here. ... You might be able to sell it to an early Corvette/full size Chevy owner in need of a good core for rebuilding ...

FYI I was able to sell a 1959 vintage T10 for $1700 on ebay about 4 years ago. The buyer needed it for a period correct 409 Impala restoration.
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 20, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream66 View Post
FYI I was able to sell a 1959 vintage T10 for $1700 on ebay about 4 years ago. The buyer needed it for a period correct 409 Impala restoration.

I am that guy who buys high and sells at a loss. Never had any luck selling. If I could find the right buyer I would sell it and go with a better transmission.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in