Team Chevelle banner

wheel stud question

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Jim Mac 
#1 ·
probably should just call summit, my new summit axles came with studs with a .472 knurled but only 1.5 inch long. I'm running drag lites akf would deplore comfortable with 3 inch studs sticking out of the lug nuts. but they dont carry 3 inch 7/16 studs with that knurled size. they do have .460 and
480 which would be the more correct stud. my harbor frieght mic shows the holes in the axles at .450
jim

#3 ·
I sent summit a email. The hole is .450 the knurl at the peak is .472 not sure if another .008 will cause too much of a interference to go in. Jim

#4 ·
got a email back from summit. they said go with the
480 studs but might have to open up the holes a bit. no mention of how to properly open up the holes or what size. jim

#6 ·
no, the axles are drilled for the 7/16 studs and 1/2 in studs. neither holes are tapped. jim

#8 ·
I'm going to order the .480 studs and try to press one in. if not it looks like a 11.75mm drill bit is the size I need to open up the holes. jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.