4L65E fittings - Chevelle Tech
Transmission & Driveline Transmissions and Differentials

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 18, 8:26 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Michael

4L65E fittings

Anyone know what fittings are used for a tight fit for my 4L65 swap into my 64? Ive seen where it can be a tight fit and a BFh has to make some room, would rather not have to do that.

64 Chevelle

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

85 Monte Carlo SS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 18, 9:02 AM
Senior Tech Team

Re: 4L65E fittings

The thread into the transmission is 1/4 inch STRAIGHT pipe. It has a sealing washer. Like this:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ear-940006erl

LS1tech.com supermoderator.
How may I help you?
1971 Monte Carlo SS454-496ci 600hp
1999 Trans Am-500hp
2003 Iszu Ascender XL Limited V8
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 18, 6:23 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul bell View Post
The thread into the transmission is 1/4 inch STRAIGHT pipe. It has a sealing washer. Like this:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ear-940006erl
I guess I can come off of those with a couple 90s to some kind of flexible lines to keep it tight?

64 Chevelle

85 Monte Carlo SS

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 18, 11:43 PM
Team Member
Pete

The top port is very close to the floor pan. I had AN6 fittings and lines ready to use, but they came out of the tran's too far, and no amount of "massaging" the floor pan would help. So I switched to stock lines for a 1999 Blazer.
PART# 624-100A and 624-101A ($15 each)
They snap in like stock, and hug the trans and the LS block. No problem with the headers.
I then cut and flared them right at the front of the motor and went with rubber line to the Trans cooler.
I cut a 2x2 square hole in the trans tunnel to get the top line to not hit the floor. But if the trans was out I could have probably dented up the floor to get it to fit.

LS Swap

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 429 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.