Just thought I’d share some of my experiences and pics all in one place with part numbers and a little how to……. I’d also like to thank everyone here that helped me along the way.
Before: 3 hole top plate, 21 inch wide copper core radiator.. with electric fans taken from an LT1 Camaro. Temps exceeded 220 often.
After: 4 hole top plate, 29 inch wide Aluminum radiator and the things below…. I couldn’t get it to 190 no matter how hard I flogged it, 102 outside temp.
• 4 Hole chrome top plate Ebay = 20.00
• 19 inch XT1 -7 blade fan - U pull it = 10.00
• Hayden 2747 HD clutch = 49.99
• Murray 433322 -29 in wide, 18 inch tall Aluminum radiator (specs on their website are jacked up, trust me it drops right in) I paid = 140.00, Listed at 159.00 right now.
• Shroud 1971 BB (one piece) from Summit OPG-00T218R = 59.95
• Upper hose Gates 21204 15.00
• Lower hose 21324 lower 12.00
Total 307.00, rounding up.
I gained a brand new free flowing aluminum radiator with 8 extra inches in overall width and a car that I can’t get to run over 190 with it being 102 outside.
There are actually 4 perch spots on the core support for different configurations. 29 inches being the widest.....
Then I welded the 3 holes shut on the top of the support and welded in 4 new mounting points for the MUCH wider 4 hole top plate.
Then I cut over 5 inchs out of the driver side of the core support...