Cold Case Factory Rebate - Chevelle Tech
Heating & Cooling Heating, cooling and air conditioning Sponsored by:Cold-Case Aluminum Radiators

3Likes
  • 1 Post By eric_cspan
  • 2 Post By unclluke

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 19, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Ccass
Cold Case Factory Rebate

This IS an ad! but I'm hoping most of you will be ok with it since we are the sponsor of this forum.

Cold Case is running a factory rebate until the end of February. Find your best price and then get $50 back on a kit or $25 back on just the radiator.

You can go directly to the website or you can PM me if you want to ask any questions.

Cold Case Radiators | Performance Aluminum Radiators |

Fool around, get hurt, don't come crying to me.
Founder
Pypes Performance Exhaust
Cold Case Performance Radiators
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 19, 11:30 AM
Tech Team
Dan

Re: Cold Case Factory Rebate

Just ordered one , talk to Chris for a great deal!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 19, 11:12 AM
Tech Team

By the way....Rebate deal is now extended through March 31!
$25 off any radiator
$50 off any radiator and module kit.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 19, 3:23 PM
Senior Tech Team
Greg

Garage

I lost my in radiator trans cooler and ended up with strawberry milk shake so I have 2 aluminum radiators in my shopping cart right now, a Cold case and a Champion 4 row while the champion is a little cheaper price is not my main objective, I like the look of Cold case it has the original shape on the tanks, now I am getting older and I have a lot of aluminum parts on my car and I'm getting sick of trying to keep them all polished up all the time.

How does everyone at the car shows keep these radiators shiny? I'm thinking clear coat? surely they aren't polishing these things before the shows right?

My last concern is the idea of 2 1 1/4 tubes instead of 4 5/8 tubes it seems the latter would be a bit stronger laterally am I over concerned?

Greg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 19, 11:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cool View Post
How does everyone at the car shows keep these radiators shiny? I'm thinking clear coat? surely they aren't polishing these things before the shows right?

My last concern is the idea of 2 1 1/4 tubes instead of 4 5/8 tubes it seems the latter would be a bit stronger laterally am I over concerned?

Greg
Greg, Most people occasionally buff up the radiator tank with any number of good aluminum polish products. We have not tested any clear coat products for longevity. The fear would be that it might yellow from heat over time. Then it would be very difficult to remove if that happened.

Another idea would be to paint it black.

We have some samples of 4 core aluminum rads and they are not 5/8". They seem tiny. However, even if they were, that adds up to 2.5" I believe. That's the same as dual 1 1/4". But in a fluid volume test, our dual row unit fit 4 oz more fluid in it than the 4 row Champion. But the more important issue to consider are the 3 gaps in between each tube. That makes the overall thickness of the 4 row thicker even though it holds less fluid. As air tries to pass through the radiator, turbulence is created at each of these gaps. It's harder for the air to get pulled through the radiator. The 4 row aluminum radiator is not as efficient as a big 2 row and especially at slow speeds.

I'm not saying the 4 row won't get the job done, but if your car happens to be right on the edge of running hot, it can and would make the difference between a car that runs 190 all day long and a car that climbs well into the 200's and eventually overheats.

Our philosophy is that if you can buy a better looking radiator that you KNOW cools the best and for a price that is almost the same, why not get the best and be confident in knowing that if a problem still exists, it's NOT the radiator.

Founder
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old May 13th, 19, 12:29 PM
Tech Team

Cold Case, nice response to 2cool. I am going to your website right now. You mentioned painting black. A high temp paint for 500 degrees will work fine?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old May 13th, 19, 12:34 PM
Senior Tech Team
kevin

FWIW.. I have one in my 68 ss396 el camino. very nice looking and functioning unit. mine seems to have kept its shine for nearly 2 years.
Imagine one will make its way in to my 67 ss396 chevelle soon...
now how about a retro active $25 rebate?
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old May 13th, 19, 2:41 PM
Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclluke View Post
Cold Case, nice response to 2cool. I am going to your website right now. You mentioned painting black. A high temp paint for 500 degrees will work fine?
We recommend Eastwood. They make a radiator specific paint.
Some of the high temp paints trap the heat in more than lead on.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old May 13th, 19, 2:42 PM
Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by the heckler View Post
FWIW.. I have one in my 68 ss396 el camino. very nice looking and functioning unit. mine seems to have kept its shine for nearly 2 years.
Imagine one will make its way in to my 67 ss396 chevelle soon...
now how about a retro active $25 rebate?
Even with the rebate, you still probably paid cheaper 2 years ago with the increase we had earlier in the year
the heckler likes this.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old May 13th, 19, 9:12 PM
Senior Tech Team
Greg

Garage

Now my tractor needs a rad the old one fell apart.
Do you have generic radiators like 14.5x14.5 x 2.5?

Greg

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old May 14th, 19, 12:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Now my tractor needs a rad the old one fell apart.
Do you have generic radiators like 14.5x14.5 x 2.5?

Greg
Sorry, nothing that small. Literally all our radiators are designed to fit an OEM application. A lot of times we get lucky and match up with a universal application but 14" x 14" is not one of them. The smallest we have is 20" H x 16" wide x 2.5" deep.

For those that want to see all our radiator dimensions in one sortable spreadsheet, click on this link;

https://www.coldcaseradiators.com/ra...ort=asc&page=1

Founder
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old May 14th, 19, 1:39 AM
Senior Tech Team
Greg

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccass View Post
Sorry, nothing that small. Literally all our radiators are designed to fit an OEM application. A lot of times we get lucky and match up with a universal application but 14" x 14" is not one of them. The smallest we have is 20" H x 16" wide x 2.5" deep.

For those that want to see all our radiator dimensions in one sortable spreadsheet, click on this link;

https://www.coldcaseradiators.com/ra...ort=asc&page=1

I measured from fin bottom to fin top I assume that is wrong, whats the correct way to measure them? bottom to top of cap? or highest point?

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old May 14th, 19, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I measured from fin bottom to fin top I assume that is wrong, whats the correct way to measure them? bottom to top of cap? or highest point?
It all depends on the vehicle. Core width and height is less important than overall. If you can fit a rad in a space, you can always modify brackets for mounting but if the unit is simply too tall or wide...Ö.

Founder
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old May 25th, 19, 11:18 AM
Tech Team

Just installed my cold-case! Love it!
Ccass and eric_cspan like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in