Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - Another 'AVO' code Kansas trim tag
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 10, 2:49 AM
SS69Chevelle
Lifetime Premium Member
Andy

Re: Another 'AVO' code Kansas trim tag

All the 5 digit number would have nothing to do with a COPO or anything like that. From my researching the numbers I have a theory that the number is actually broken down, the first four numbers are possibly the body number for a particular day of the week, which is the last number. The last number also never goes above 6, I believe it is related to the days of the build week and it may be possible that the 7th day was a sunday with no work. Using Woj's tag numbers as an example, it would be the 135th body built on the fourth day of the build week (thursday?) of the fourth week in May 1969. I have a chart I use to track those numbers and to date I have not found one that causes the monthly totals to be way off, of course there is alot of data still needed to really determine if this is in fact the meaning but it seems to make some sense. Of course this is all theroy and when only the trim tag is known the numbers place the tag in the general area of the VIN, I use it freqently to check my theory and so far it hasn't been way off. Just some thoughts on this. If anyone has any other info I would like to hear it to have another possible meaning. Take care guys. Andy

Andy
1969 Baltimore SS Chevelle
1969 Trim Tag Research (Ongoing)
More 1969 Chevelle data needed submit your info today
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Information Security enforced
TC# 3135
ACES# 08305

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome