Virus warnings - Technical help.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Philip

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 29th, 19, 12:45 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
printer problems

New HP laptop running WIN 10. My documents print white text on a black background. All the other devices print correctly so it must be a setting in this machine, how and where can it be changed? Thanks.

Any suggestions for bringing the stuff on my WIN 7 HP laptop to the new one? Used to be real easy.

Team Chevelle Gold Founding Member #42

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
L29 454, 4L80E, 12 bolt posi 3.31, GM 4 wheel disc brakes
63 Nova wagon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 3rd, 19, 10:36 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Brian

Garage
Re: printer problems

Did you install the actual printer driver that came with the printer, or did Windows 10 install its own driver?? The built in Windows drivers are causing problems with printers (Windows did that with a new printer I installed for a client - it would not print two sided pages properly until I installed the actual printer driver from the manufacturer). I would actually download the latest driver package for the printer from the manufacturer's website and install it - that may correct the issue.

As far as transferring data, I would just get a decent sized flash drive - something like 128 GB (they are pretty inexpensive these days). Plug it into the old laptop and copy the files you want to transfer, then plug it into the new laptop and drag them over.

P.S. I just did a search and it seems that there is way to use the Easy Transfer Wizard that is built into Windows 7 to transfer your data. Here is the link:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/...ws-10.3272721/

1971 Malibu, factory buckets/full gauges/console, 377 roller cammed small block, Turbo 400, 3.42 10 bolt posi (Buick), - All your base are belong to us.

My Chevelle w/ open headers:

My Chevelle w/ 2.5 pipes + X crossover/18 inch glass packs:

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 3rd, 19, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage

Thanks Brian I'll download the drivers and let you know.

63 Nova wagon

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 19, 12:17 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage

Brian that worked. I downloaded the driver but then had to find the area set that driver to default. Thanks again, new computers are a PITA for the first few months.
davewho1 likes this.

63 Nova wagon

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 19, 10:46 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Brian

Garage

No problem - glad you got it figured out. Hopefully the Easy Transfer Wizard trick will work, too.

1971 Malibu, factory buckets/full gauges/console, 377 roller cammed small block, Turbo 400, 3.42 10 bolt posi (Buick), - All your base are belong to us.

My Chevelle w/ open headers:

My Chevelle w/ 2.5 pipes + X crossover/18 inch glass packs:

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 19, 7:07 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage

I'm going to buy a USB storage device and give it a whirl. I have nothing to lose, thanks for the link.

63 Nova wagon

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in