Virus warnings - Technical help.

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 19, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Brian

Garage
Post Images In Current Events...

I see that other people can post images in Current Events, but I am unable to. Should I be able to post images in that forum?? Is it limited to certain people??

1971 Malibu, factory buckets/full gauges/console, 377 roller cammed small block, Turbo 400, 3.42 10 bolt posi (Buick), - All your base are belong to us.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Chevelle w/ open headers:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Chevelle w/ 2.5 pipes + X crossover/18 inch glass packs:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 19, 12:51 PM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage
Re: Post Images In Current Events...

Where are the images hosted now?
Are you talking about attachments?

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 19, 1:01 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Brian

Garage

No. I am talking about adding an image directly to my post, just like I can on the rest of the site. Is this not an option in this forum?? I can add images anywhere else I post - like in Engine, Transmission, Bench Racing, etc.

1971 Malibu, factory buckets/full gauges/console, 377 roller cammed small block, Turbo 400, 3.42 10 bolt posi (Buick), - All your base are belong to us.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 19, 1:14 PM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

Where are the images now?

I very seldom look in on current events but evidently you cant unless you do it a different way maybe. (it just worked for me)
I didn't see any images posted in the current events forum.

https://www.chevelles.com/forums/11-...-articles.html

Click on Community >Pictures and Albums

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 19, 1:19 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage

I recently had the same problem with current events. There was no option to manage attachments, after going advanced. I posted in bench racing and ask the mods to move it. Never did figure out what the problem was.

70 LS5 convertible
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 19, 1:20 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Al

Garage

There's a way to do it, by hosting your picture at another site or using the picture address from the web, I can't do it either, but we'll figure it out because I see others doing it too.

Guess we'll have to get ELCO'S help. Maybe the pictures I'm seeing are in bench racing and not current events.....Imma hunt down the answer.

I tried in the above post and failed. So I'm doing something wrong or got blocked.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 19, 1:23 PM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

My way works

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 19, 1:38 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Brian

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
My way works
I do not have a Community Links drop down anywhere on the page.

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 19, 1:43 PM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

Where are the images now?

You must not be in classic mode then.

Try Clicking on GALLERY, the image has to be up loaded to GALLERY first.

OR switch to classic mode

I don't think that the code "[IMG]" works in current events.

Wait, yes it does, that's how I posted the image there

Last edited by Dean; Aug 14th, 19 at 1:59 PM.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 19, 1:57 PM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

https://www.chevelles.com/forums/all_albums.php

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 19, 1:59 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Brian

Garage

What a royal pain in the butt. Would it not make sense to just make that forum like the rest, so that we can add images easily??

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 19, 2:01 PM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

Too late to make the change now since TC will be gone next week.

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 19, 2:27 PM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Too late to make the change now since TC will be gone next week.
I meant the TC platform as we know it now will be gone and everything will be different.

It will look like this forum.
https://www.challengertalk.com/forums/

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 19, 2:43 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Brian

Garage

Quote:
I meant the TC platform as we know it now will be gone and everything will be different.

It will look like this forum.
https://www.challengertalk.com/forums/
Well, that sucks. Do the site owners honestly think that a new look will make it all better?? Change for the sake of change is NEVER a good thing.
12stones likes this.

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 19, 4:08 PM
Super Mod
Rich

Garage

BTW, if you host pictures somewhere else, they have to be on a secure site (https instead of http) or they won't show up. This site is secure (https) and won't accept any images from a nonsecure address.

NCOA member #220
ACES member #1670
Team Chevelle #998

Rich Cummings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in