Spring Carlisle - who's going? - Chevelle Tech
Team Chevelle Cruiz-ins Get-togethers, Announcements, Shows & Events

12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 19, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Gold Member
Gene

Spring Carlisle - who's going?

I've never been and am toying with an impromptu roadtrip, Fri/Sat. Any "sage advice" for those who have attended? ( other than to be sure to pay for my motor from MJ this week b4 I go, so I dont go with "too much" in my checkbook) .

https://www.carlisleevents.com/event...pring+carlisle

Gene
ACES 3112/Team Chevelle Gold #62
Be big, be a 'builder'!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 19, 12:22 PM
Senior Tech Team

Re: Spring Carlisle - who's going?

Wish I was going, Gene.

I haven't been to Carlisle in over 20 years, but I can tell you this...Wear good walking shoes.
HKalin likes this.

64 2 door Wagon Build thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

67 2 door Sedan LS1 T56

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 19, 12:49 PM
Tech Team
Bill

Garage

Will be there on Thursday
Weather looks good

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 19, 1:19 PM
Senior Tech Team
Duke

Not this year for me after 20plus years of going. The one thing I would say is...if you see something you really want, don't say to your self that you will come back later and get it..trust me, it won't be there any more. Too many times being burned by that logic. Have fun!
Dansk likes this.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 19, 2:15 PM
Senior Tech Team
Hank

Garage

Oh to be young again. I remember the first time my wife and me went. Just pulling into the town you got the feeling you were going to Disneyland. Cars parked all over peoples lawns. We had to park in an open field and while walking down the street to the event there were people selling cookies and brownies and coffee. It's quite the place to see, was real reasonable to get in back then and you walked your a$$ off. Could never do it now though.

71 Malibu, Cottonwood Green, 396 BBC, AutoGear M22W 4 speed, 12 bolt 3:55 posi.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 19, 2:25 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
bob

I went to Corvette Carlisle for about 30 years, have not been in 4 years. Plan on doing a lot of walking. If you see something you want buy it, like someone else said it will not be there later. Get a motel room before you go. The rooms close to Carlisle are booked the year before.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 19, 4:00 PM
Senior Tech Team
Pat

I will be there on Friday, going to grab a set of Violators from Pypes. Only about 20 minutes from my house. You will enjoy it, others have given some good advise on what to do.
427L88 likes this.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 19, 6:09 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage

Local Hotels aren't the greatest, but the Holiday Inn Express was the best place close to the event.

Redd's Smokehouse Barbeque for your dining pleasure,

followed by a Cohiba.
427L88 likes this.

Mike

My

AACA Senior Grand National
Good Guys Muscle Car of the Year Finalist

Eckler's Winternationals Platinum 1000 pts
2016 Midwest Chevelle Regional 1000 Point Award

NPD Choice Award All GM Oktoberfest
6 times Concours d'Elegance Best in Class

MCC Platinum & 2 times People's Choice Award & Carolina Chevelle Club Best in Show

2016 Midwest Chevelle Regional "Dean Call Award"
2015 OPGI Original Restored Award

MCACN Gold
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 19, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
Gold Member
Gene

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUKE 69 View Post
Not this year for me after 20plus years of going. Have fun!
I'm still a virgin Duke. That's why I was toying with it. All I'd be doing is pulling the 427 out of Old Red anyhow this weekend. Geez. wonder if I could fetch north of $2500 for my tripower rig before our Mr Jones gives me a call. Junior and I may trek down. THNX for the info fellas!

Gene
Be big, be a 'builder'!
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 19, 11:17 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
leo

I recommend going on Thursday or Friday, the weekends get terribly crowded, good luck!!

Leo Paugh
Maryland Chevelle Club #017
A.C.E.S.#3731
progress has little to do with speed, but lots to do with direction

post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 19, 7:42 AM
Tech Team
John

I was going to try & go, but if I make it I will go on Saturday...I live only about 50 minutes away, so there's really no excuse! I went on Friday a few years back and it was busier than Saturday, so its not always better to go during the week. After long winters, people just can't wait to get out, even if we are "OLD"!
LeoP likes this.
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 19, 8:07 AM
Tech Team
Al

We have been going every spring and fall since 99 or earlier. Typically Friday seems to be busier than Saturday but this year the weather may change it as they are calling for rain Fri and clear Sat, for the moment that is. Not near as busy as years past, thanx to the internet. We go rain or shine, still lots of fun! Enjoy!

Mostly Camaros and Chevelles and a double nickel
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 19, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Gold Member
Gene

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoP View Post
I recommend going on Thursday or Friday, the weekends get terribly crowded, good luck!!

Someday I may be retired ! Hope to drive down Friday, and hit the show early SAT am.
LeoP likes this.

Gene
Be big, be a 'builder'!
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 19, 1:18 PM
Senior Tech Team
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427L88 View Post
Someday I may be retired ! Hope to drive down Friday, and hit the show early SAT am.
Grounds open at 6AM and if it's a nice day, there will be a line at the gates even then (BTDT!) If you are going down Fri and spend the night, you may have to stay up towards H-burg because as mentioned anything around Carlisle is probably booked... ck it out before you go just to make sure. Lots of folks near the gates park cars in their yards...$10 bucks a pop. Take some water with you and a backpack or something like that to carry stuff in. There's over 80 acres of stuff to see and you won't see it in one day (don't even try it...you will be dead tired!) Hope you make it and as was said have fun!
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 19, 3:25 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tom

Garage
Send a message via AIM to BlueSS454

Going Saturday. Up at 4am and hammer down. Isuallynthere by 630.
LeoP likes this.

Tom Rightler, MCC VP & Newsletter Editor

Best ET: [email protected] MPH

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in