my new car - Page 8 - Chevelle Tech
2001 General Tech questions from 2001

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #106 of 112 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 01, 9:45 PM
Tech Team

we would all love it if you and ed could make a list of stuff for us to make our cars fast.how do you make your rase gas???i think im gonna take all the bumpers, doors,seats the hood and trunk off mine to make it real lite..who needs any of that stuff anyways right patter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 112 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 01, 12:03 AM

Patter,
Think about this....remember the AIR IS POWER THEORY Ed came up with? Well, try taking out the front windshield on the elky. What will happen is more air will rush in and slap you straight in yer face when yer racing that corvet again. Your mouth will act like a carburator and make you step down harder on the go pedal with yer foot. The harder you step down on the go pedal the more power you will be delivering to the nascar motor. I wish I had an elky...this doesn't work so good on my chevelle. Something about too much air circulating in the coupe and not getting to my carburator.

WARNING! Make sure you don't take out the back windshield though so that no air escapes out. Keep yer door windows closed on both sides!

Joe P.
post #108 of 112 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 01, 12:16 AM
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

fun, but 100 posts in tech? time to close.

good luck with your new automotive life patter, get a deadgree or something and make big $.

[This message has been edited by Al (edited 07-02-2001).]

post #109 of 112 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 01, 12:16 AM

Patter.......what the toothpaste does is it makes the connections in the distributer real clean. Put it on the rotor and every time it goes around it cleans the terminals in the cap, just like brushing your teeth........ err, like when your cousin brushes his teeth. When you do this you don't need to buy a MSD box or a Blaster 2 coil. You get all the spark you need.

------------------
Fast Ernie
All throttle..................no bottle
Harley WideGlide
post #110 of 112 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 11, 4:58 PM
Tech Team
jack

Re: my new car

Patter if you added more watter its just going to make more steem you didn't fix the problem , the fan belt has stretched and the watter pump isn't spinning fast enuff, take off the fan belt soak it in cool watter 1 hour min. then reinstall, then you should be set to go
post #111 of 112 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 11, 5:40 PM
Senior Tech Team
Fat Stig

wow, a 10 year old thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpete, Dean, Derek69SS, hoffbug, rubadub, Grandsport, Thomas Jefferson, 1badss396, MEJ1990TM, and mrdjc99
As usual, Andy is right
If it doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyway.

I have to keep reminding myself this isn't a Z16 convertible, Evening Orchid Camaro, or factory 1966 SS427 and get on with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #112 of 112 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 11, 5:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
wow, a 10 year old thread
I think a 10 year old can spell better than that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 2959 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.