NO Fire in the Hole!!! - Chevelle Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical problems.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 05, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

NO Fire in the Hole!!!

Well, I turned the ignition switch on for the first time on my newly restored '67 SS and nothing happened at the starter. However, the following things do work:

1) Dash "oil" warning light comes on (no other warning lights come on)
2) Headlights work
3) Hornes work

All harnesses are new under the hood, and the dash harness too. New junction block and horn relay. New Hei in place of old points distributor (I think it is hooked up correctly, but not completely sure).

What would be the basic areas to begin trouble-shooting?

Thanks, Charles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 05, 11:16 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Greg

Send a message via AIM to undee70ss
Re: NO Fire in the Hole!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967chevelless396
Well, I turned the ignition switch on for the first time on my newly restored '67 SS and nothing happened at the starter.
You mean the start position, right? Make sure the wiring is correct at the starter, 12g purple to the "S" terminal, yellow 20g to the "R" terminal. First see if you have 12 volts on the purple wire going to the "S" terminal at the starter. Next disconnect purple wire for and check for 12 volts in the start position, if no voltage, check both terminals of the neutral safety switch. Post back with results.

Greg U

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 5182 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.