Under the seat flat wiring harness question 67 Chevelle - Chevelle Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical problems.

2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rich-L79
  • 1 Post By Bucks67

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 16, 3:56 PM Thread Starter
Kerry

Under the seat flat wiring harness question 67 Chevelle

Recently I took the interior out of my 1967 and took care of some surface rust issues, put down some of the sound deadening mat and cleaned up some rigged wiring issues from the last owners "Restoration". During this I took out the flat wiring harness that runs from under the dash to the rear light assembly harness. It is pretty straight forward to take out and hook back up. My problem is that I cannot figure out where this forked piece goes back to. I've looked in my assembly manual but have found nothing. Can anyone help me please! I want to get it back together the right way. I've attached a photo.

Thank you,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1369.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	332425  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 16, 4:56 PM
Super Mod
Rich

Garage
Re: Under the seat flat wiring harness question 67 Chevelle

Assuming this is like my 65s, it goes around the sheetmetal clip that is found at the base of the toeboard, where it goes from vertical to horizontal and becomes the floor pan. Basically right under where your left heel would be when sitting in the car.
Bucks67 likes this.

NCOA member #220
ACES member #1670
Team Chevelle #998

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rich Cummings
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 16, 5:54 PM Thread Starter
Kerry

Thank you for your quick reply but this is positioned closer to the fuse box.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 16, 9:36 AM
Super Mod
Rich

Garage

Now that I think about it more, I was probably remembering a little wrong. You are right, it is further up toward the fuse box. This would end up about under the ball of your left foot when sitting in the car, not under your heel.

Anyway, one way or another it goes around one of the sheetmetal clips attached to the floor pan. Do you have a clip further up the toe board closer to the fuse box? If so, it would go there. If you replaced the floor pans and the new one doesn't have the clips you will have to guestimate where it belongs by how it fits when attached to the harness plug that comes out of the fuse box.

In your photo there is a clip behind the harness. That clip goes over the harness to hold it in place. The forked doodad goes around the clip to help keep the harness from sliding fore and aft. The fingers of the fork just lie around the clip, they don't actually clip into anything.

NCOA member #220
ACES member #1670
Team Chevelle #998

Rich Cummings
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 16, 7:52 PM Thread Starter
Kerry

That makes sense now that you say that. Thanks much for the help. I took pictures of most of the stuff I took apart except...you guessed it.

Thank you!
wihaltom likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 1471 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.