1970 chevelle dash wiring question - Chevelle Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical problems.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 15, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

1970 chevelle dash wiring question

I'm doing a ss dash conversion kit - car did not have the ss dash before. Ive got the wiper, lightswitch and on steering column parts figure out. What I'm trying to wire up now is the following
1. the new radio ( i need to connect the red lead on the radio to a switched 12v power source).
2. I need to connect the red lead on new air/heating unit to a switched 12v source.
3 I need to connect the red led on the fuel pump to a switched 12v source.

below is the pic of the wiring harness. I think the plug in the middle with 4 wires (blue, yellow, orange,black/brown) is for the heater. is one of those wires a switched 12v source?

if you go up and to right from that plug there is a plug with 3 wires (yellow, gray, black) I think that is for radio? not sure but is that yellow wire a switched 12v source?

then there are a few other plugs in the pic I just dont know what they are for - in middle is a 2 wire brown/purple, then below that is a a single wire that would appear to go out the firewall, then to the right and above is a two wire pink/purple and above that a single wire orange. if anybody knows what these plugs are that would be cool. I;ve looked at the factory manual of course and these are a bit hard to figure out. I know what all the other wires on the harness are for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 1398 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.