1967 chevelle 300 Deluxe wiring question - Chevelle Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical problems.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 15, 7:44 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
John

1967 chevelle 300 Deluxe wiring question

Okay just completed removing Inline six, Installed 5.7L with that the exchanged engine has different alternator with built in Regulator, also starter only has battery and 1 small screw for wire, I am guessing that one of my previous wires goes to the small one and the other connect with the battery so when the key is turned it will engage, but what about the wires that were previous to alternator, I know the car has voltage regulator in engine compartment, so how do I connect to the new alternator without blowing my system, I will be keeping the newer alternator, right now I put 12v to HEI from battery and hand remote starter and car runs fine, but need to hookup wires properly how to convert?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 15, 7:50 PM
Senior Tech Team
Keith

Re: 1967 chevelle 300 Deluxe wiring question

Just use your original alt and save your self a headache.

1966 Chevelle SS 396/360 M21 3:73 posi. silver/blue buckets

Maryland Chevelle Club #682
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 15, 8:46 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithb View Post
Just use your original alt and save your self a headache.
the new one is serpentine system, I would have to change all the brackets and water pump, will do that in the future, but not now

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 15, 8:57 PM
Senior Tech Team
Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradco View Post
the new one is serpentine system, I would have to change all the brackets and water pump, will do that in the future, but not now
Oh. the major electronical vendors sell a kit that's plug and play. Or search the interwebs to rewire it your self

1966 Chevelle SS 396/360 M21 3:73 posi. silver/blue buckets

Maryland Chevelle Club #682
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 15, 11:03 PM
Senior Tech Team
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradco View Post
Okay just completed removing Inline six, Installed 5.7L with that the exchanged engine has different alternator with built in Regulator, also starter only has battery and 1 small screw for wire, I am guessing that one of my previous wires goes to the small one and the other connect with the battery so when the key is turned it will engage, but what about the wires that were previous to alternator, I know the car has voltage regulator in engine compartment, so how do I connect to the new alternator without blowing my system, I will be keeping the newer alternator, right now I put 12v to HEI from battery and hand remote starter and car runs fine, but need to hookup wires properly how to convert?
You should be able to use the Mad enterprises alternator wiring kit to up date your wiring to work with the newer alternator.

http://madelectrical.com/catalog/alt-1.shtml

65 Chevelle 2Dr. Post,Global West stage 3, Small Block, Small Journal 337cid. Howards roller cam .570/.570" lift 227/233 duration @ .050 LS112, Speed Pro forged pistons 10 to 1, Trick Flow 195,23 degree heads, Holly 750 Ultra, Edelbrock Performer RPM air gap.

My build thread>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 1567 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.