Silly Fuel Gauge - Chevelle Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical problems.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 15th, 14, 1:03 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Ken

Silly Fuel Gauge

I had a leaking rubber vent line on my tank, so I removed the tank, replaced all the rubber lines and put the tank back up. Fuel gauge worked fine prior to removal, now when I fill the car it only goes up 3/4 of the way on the gauge.

I did this a few weeks ago in hopes it would correct it's self by getting bounced around, but nadda. <--- love it when things just "self fix"....

Any idea's?
thanks
Ken

71 Chevelle 454 gen v
- 215 gen IV heads
-TKO 5 speed, 3:73 posi 12 Bolt
-2.5" SS magna flow's
-750 Holley/vac
-Comp Cam D:IN-296 EX-302 Lift:IN-566 EX-566
-Timing 18*/38*
-Hydraulic Roller's
-Comp Cams Roller Timing set
-Crane Roller Rockers
-Edelbrock RPM Air Gap
-Boss 18's with MT's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 16th, 14, 8:02 PM
Gold Member
Joe

Re: Silly Fuel Gauge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker128 View Post
I had a leaking rubber vent line on my tank, so I removed the tank, replaced all the rubber lines and put the tank back up. Fuel gauge worked fine prior to removal, now when I fill the car it only goes up 3/4 of the way on the gauge.

I did this a few weeks ago in hopes it would correct it's self by getting bounced around, but nadda. <--- love it when things just "self fix"....

Any idea's?
thanks
Ken
Ken,

What you're describing sounds like a fault of the sending unit. If the ground connection was bad, you've have a too full indication on the gauge.

Have you tried the test that has been outlined countless times on this site that let's you know if the gauge is working properly?

-If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 14, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Ken

Re: Silly Fuel Gauge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppertop View Post
Ken,

What you're describing sounds like a fault of the sending unit. If the ground connection was bad, you've have a too full indication on the gauge.

Have you tried the test that has been outlined countless times on this site that let's you know if the gauge is working properly?
Hi Joe,

Nope, I have not tried any tests yet... I'll seach around and see what I can dig up. It's not a big deal, just thought it was weird. I'll add it to my "things to do list" for the winter.

71 Chevelle 454 gen v
- 215 gen IV heads
-TKO 5 speed, 3:73 posi 12 Bolt
-2.5" SS magna flow's
-750 Holley/vac
-Comp Cam D:IN-296 EX-302 Lift:IN-566 EX-566
-Timing 18*/38*
-Hydraulic Roller's
-Comp Cams Roller Timing set
-Crane Roller Rockers
-Edelbrock RPM Air Gap
-Boss 18's with MT's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 2049 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.