Fuse Block Install - Chevelle Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical problems.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 14, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
Mike

Garage
Fuse Block Install

Guys
Looking to clean up my wiring a bit. Let me set the picture. Battery is in the trunk and so the hot wire comes up to the starter. Next from the Alt there are 3 seperate wires that run from it. 1 to the starter then the other two up and accross the front of the radiator core support. Not sure where they are going but can look if questioned. No inline fuses on any of them. I happen to have the hot wire from the battery to the starter ground out which burnt some of the wires from the Alt. So i am looking to clean this up a bit. My thought was to put in a BWD BF72 Fuse block. Next to run one wire from the Alt to the Fuse Block then from their take the 3 wires that ran to the all and run through the Fuse Block. Thoughts?

Now i do believe the Alt is a 60amp Alt. Next thinking to use 30 amp fuses if the fuse block for each of the wires.

Next what size of wire to use from the alt to the Fuse Block.

Has anyone used a BWD Fuse Block. No instructions came with it so the only question this is if anyone ran a ground wire for the block.

Sorry to be so vague but just learning this stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 14, 5:30 PM
Senior Tech Team
AKA Zombietroll

Re: Fuse Block Install

First off what are you working on? Second I don't think adding fuses to those wire is a good idea. You had a booboo and fried some wire's it's not a design fault. That fuse block would be good as an add on for adding lights or stereo equipment or whatever to take the load off your stock fuse block wiring and fuses.

You tube video laying down final paint
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 14, 8:14 PM
Gold Member
Joe

Re: Fuse Block Install

I addition to "what year and model"? What are you trying to accomplish? Just trying to "clean-up" the wiring, or completely redesign things for updated equipment (i.e. electric fans, high-end stereo, etc.) ??

I agree, the fuse idea is not a good idea. You would be best served by recreating what the factory did (using fusible links and adjusting wire sizes for increased lengths). Are you wanting to keep the battery in the trunk?

-If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 1937 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.