Not sure if this is the proper place for this post, hopefully you can give me some thoughts on my issue.
- I just installed my restored factory 1970 AM/FM 8-Track Radio in my Chevelle.
- The 2 Front and 2 Rear speakers were purchased through http://www.turnswitch.com/index.htm
. (8 OHM speakers).
- The Wiring harness for the head unit is original (was checked out by the guy who rebuilt my unit) and the Rear harness is reproduction.
- I utilized the wiring from my original front speakers (made minor modification) and plugged them into my main wiring harness
- The Rear Speakers (6x9) actually sound much better than expected, loud, clear, and nice bass (impressed with them actually)
- My Front Speakers (4x6) have a "hiss" or "static" in the background while playing my Radio. Only in the front, not in the rear. FYI -- Car is OFF, key on accy, nothing else running
- When I first turned on the radio the fronts did not play, I tapped one of them and they both came on. (have not been able to reproduce the effect again)
- I added an IPOD hookup to the head unit, when playing songs through my phone the Front speakers sound much better and I do not notice the hiss or static
I was originally thinking a wiring issue to my front speakers, however, now that my IPOD sounds fine running through the speakers I'm not sure where to start. Think a ground? Bad wiring? etc?
Any help is appreciate