Custom Warn Lights - Chevelle Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical problems.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 14, 4:03 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Stew

Custom Warn Lights

I'm putting a custom dash with new gauges into my car and I'm looking for a custom warning light set-up Something like this...

But.... The one I'm looking at has 7 lights and I really only need 6. No big deal but the 7 light strip cost about $115. I'm good with that but I asked about changing 1 (that's ONE) icon and they have quoted and extra....wait for it..... $125 just to change out the icons strip and replace it with one icon changed!
Sorry but the guy at New Vintage is dreaming.
So I'm looking around and as I'm in New Zealand I'm at a bit of a loss as to where to go. Many web searches have turned up very little.
I don't want to go to single lights at I don't have a lot of spare room.
Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 14, 7:21 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Darren

Garage
Re: Custom Warn Lights

You can do some really cool things with an exacto knife, laser printer, some paper laminate and a sharpie or black paint to block out the rest….

My “Fasten seat belts” light now reads “LINE LOCK” when it’s engaged. Hard to see but it’s there and looks awesome.. stupid camera phone.. you should see it in the car

If you don’t push the limits how are you going to find the weak spots?
USMC- Retired
My car: 1970 Chevelle

Factory 12 bolt /4-Speed Malibu -Dual stage wet nitrous with heater & purge - Holley Strip Dominator, Speed Demon 750 CFM - (All MSD distributor, blaster 3 coil, 6AL, & 3 stage retard) - 4 wheel disk brakes - Aeromotive Fuel system – Boss 338 18’s - BMW 5.25 true HID projector mod - and of course... the FLAPPER - bla, bla, bla.. lots of other expensive stuff I can’t remember
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 18th, 14, 3:07 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Stew

I'm not that good with an exacto knife! Unfortunately the strip one from New Vintage is almost going to work. Pity they didn't do a 5 light version as the 7 light one is 5.5" long so takes up a fair bit of room.
I'll just have to keep looking or change my whole dash layout.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 14, 4:05 PM
Senior Tech Team
Claude

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHaggis View Post
But.... The one I'm looking at has 7 lights and I really only need 6.
Any ideas?
I just checked and this is what is written on their site about the gear range lamps: "If you don’t need a range, simply do not hook-up that wire." Simple isn't it?...

Claude.

1971 Chevelle SS
1987 Buick Grand National 9.48 @ 142 mph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 2040 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.