Another radio harness question - Chevelle Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical problems.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 03, 8:48 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

I just got a 1970 AM/FM mono delco radio. It has 2 green wires, one with a black stripe. I think the plain greeen is 12 volt+ and the black stripe one is neg or grd.
Am I correct so far?
The other 3 other wires are still connected to the original connector block which consist of one black,one yellow and one gray (which I believe to be the radio lamp).Is the black grd and yellow a single speaker wire?
I'm going to use two rear deck speakers only. If i'm correct with my above assumtion on the wiring harness, how do I achive proper wiring on two speakers? Hook them up in series with the yellow going to the + of one speaker out - , than in + to the other and out - to the black on the radio?

I know I need 8 ohm speakers and can achive this with hooking up my 4ohm in series, but I really need to know if I have the harness wires correct first.

Thanks in advance !!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 03, 11:05 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

The black is ground from the dash harness, yellow is power from the fuse, gray is the light form the dash lights. The dash harness should have a mated connector with the black yellow and gray. The black and green are the speaker connections.

TC member 368
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 6107 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.