My wipers are slower than my car - Page 2 - Chevelle Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical problems.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 03, 6:54 PM
Tech Team

I have the same problem with my wipers. They always work (knock on wood), but they are VERY slow. Just good enough to get by in a mild to moderate rain storm. Anything more than that and I need to pull over.

I'll be curious to see what the fix is. I've put this problem off for a few years now.

On 71boo's nonfunctioning washer pump...does it not work at all? Or does it try to work, but nothing comes out. Mine was working about 2 years ago, but nothing was coming out. The little metal "pipes" that are connected to the hood and firewall...and have rubber hose going to them....they were clogged with years of tree sap, debris, etc. I just gave them a shot of WD-40, carb cleaner, etc...something with one of those "red stingers" to get into tiny places...

PRESTO!! After all of these years, I have a working windshield wiper fluid system. Just something to look at.

Justin Wray: Student at the School of Automotive Machinists (S.A.M.)

1/8th mile best of 8.36 at George Ray's Wildcat Hot Rod Dragstrip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 03, 7:05 PM
Senior Tech Team
Mark

Quote:
Originally posted by John_Muha:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by chevelledude71:
Just the battery?
Sometime hard to see the cars and the wiring over the net. It helps me to close my eyes and lay my head on the monitor, but the boss thinks I'm napping.
</font>[/QUOTE]John.... maybe if you moved every couple of hours while (thinking) or stopped snoring ??? [img]graemlins/waving.gif[/img]

"An expert is someone who has made every possible mistake within a very narrow field"
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 03, 7:15 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Wally

Send a message via Yahoo to chevelledude71
Quote:
Originally posted by 70_FathomBlueMalibu:
[ I just gave them a shot of WD-40, carb cleaner, etc...something with one of those "red stingers" to get into tiny places...

PRESTO!! After all of these years, I have a working windshield wiper fluid system. Just something to look at. [/QB]
I will do that as well, even though i've yet to put on a squirter bottle to see if my motor even works. [img]graemlins/clonk.gif[/img]

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old Jul 24th, 03, 12:08 PM
Tech Team
Mike

70fathomblue,

i really have not taken the time yet 2 figure out what is wrong with my washer pump. i just finishin putting the rebuilt engine back in and dealing with all the issues that brings. i might be able to check it this weekend though. sure would be nice if it is as simple as cleaning those old rubber tubes............. haha.

ACES# 8456
Peach State Chevelles #366
1971 Malibu - [email protected] with mild 350 (Vortec heads, Performer intake, 600 Holley, 268H Comp cam, MSD 6A, TCI 2400 Breakaway, 3.73 w/Eaton posi)
https://www.chevelles.com/showroom/da...r_pics_017.jpg
2003 Chevy Trailblazer LT EXT
https://www.chevelles.com/showroom/da...ailblazer2.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 5808 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.