Re: 72 Chevelle SS Dash Swap_No hazards/brake lights, turn signals wor
Thanks for the replies!
1. Is the hazard flasher in place? I believe is mounted away from the turn signal flasher. - (Yes)
2. Is the connector/s on the brake light switch connected to he switch and is it adjusted correctly? (Yes, it worked before the dash swap and did not mess with the brake switch)
3. There should be voltage on one side of the brake light switch and not the other. If there is no voltage on either side of the switch, you need to look at the fuse block. (There is no voltage at the switch)
4. Check the fuse for the stop/turn signals again. I feel this is your most likely problem. I know you said all the fuses are good, but stick a probe on both sides of the fuse and check for voltage. It may look good visually, but it could be bad. (There is no voltage at the fuse with a multimeter)
5. The radio circuitry, do the same as above. This is one of those that needs the ignition/ACC "on" to check.
6. Heater control bulb, do the other bulbs light up on the dash and radio? A pinched wire will blow the fuse. This is a single wire circuit. either the voltage is there or its not. Start tracing back to the fuse block. (Yes, the other dash lights on instrument panel light up, there is no voltage on this bulb connection)