Team Chevelle banner

M&H wire harness 41641

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Swevans1313 
#1 ·
So I’m installing M&H wire harness 41641 and I’m at a loss...most everything worked out fine but I have an extra wire that I don’t know where it goes. The engine harness goes toward the starter and an orange wire comes off of that bunch and I don’t know what it hooks up to. Unfortunately the original harness that I pulled out was destroyed and incomplete. Can anyone help out?

#4 ·
If the car isn't air conditioned, the wire connects to the blower motor hidden between the fender and inner fender. You should be able to reach in and feel for the terminal.

#7 ·
AFAIK an orange wire is a constant 12 volt hot. If you would have purchased a harness from AAW the wire would have been labled as to where it goes. Lesson learned?

#8 ·
AFAIK an orange wire is a constant 12 volt hot. If you would have purchased a harness from AAW the wire would have been labled as to where it goes. Lesson learned?
That's a little severe and hardly a reason not to use their harness fwiw. I've used M&H several times in the past and found them to be quite acceptable. I do like the AAW Classic Update harness though.

#10 ·
I don't think it is severe, it's the truth and it is a very good reason not to use their harness. If the AAW harness is labled and the M & H harness is not I know which one I am using plus if the AAW harness been used the OP wouldn't have had to post the question because the wire would have been labeled as to where it goes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.