Harness connector - Chevelle Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical problems.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 21st, 19, 7:21 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Don

Question Harness connector

Anybody have or know where to get a "66" female turn signal connector?
Trying to set up a hazard warning flasher,I see a couple flasher units on Ebay,one is a new repo but it's for a full size Chevy and doesn't have the correct connectors for Chevelle. Rich L79 verified this for me as he has the repo and had to scrounge up Chevelle connectors to make it work. Kind of leary about the originals listed on Ebay,"works fine" isn't always the case.
Of course I've checked with American Autowire and Lectric Limited and they won't sell the connectors or terminals seperatly,I have an old signal switch with the male end so I'd be OK there,Rich thinks "64-66" connectors are the same? Also wondering if the male and female terminals are available anywhere so if I found a connector that was corroded I could replace them.
Rich said the repo on Ebay seems to be good quality,so I'm considering that route. I talked to someone else and was told that the original kits from G.M. were just like the repo unit,but they came with the Chevelle connectors and terminals which had to be installed as shown in step 2 of the instructions for Chevelle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 21st, 19, 10:14 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
steve

Re: Harness connector

I rebuilt my 1966 Chevelle entirely. But still , a picture of what exactly you need would help. If you are referring to the U shaped connectors under the dash I think Rich is correct that 64-66 connectors are the same and you are able to swap in various wires to make the correct terminals/connections...
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 21st, 19, 6:20 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Don

Yes,half Moon or U shaped is what I was referring to.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 21st, 19, 7:47 PM
Super Mod
Rich

Garage
Re: Harness connector

What Don is after is the top one as appears in this photo. This is the half moon connector that is part of the underdash harness.

NCOA member #220
ACES member #1670
Team Chevelle #998

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rich Cummings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in