Does anyone know of a wiring harness rebuild service? - Chevelle Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical problems.

16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 19, 3:30 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Mike

Does anyone know of a wiring harness rebuild service?

Looking for a wiring harness rebuild service, preferably in the Northeast.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 19, 3:42 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage
Re: Does anyone know of a wiring harness rebuild service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggycat2014 View Post

Mike
https://www.americanautowire.com/

Donnie Bock is a friend of this site and the Chevelle Universe.

Mike

My
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AACA Senior Grand National
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Good Guys Muscle Car of the Year Finalist

Eckler's Winternationals Platinum 1000 pts
2016 Midwest Chevelle Regional 1000 Point Award

NPD Choice Award All GM Oktoberfest
6 times Concours d'Elegance Best in Class

MCC Platinum & 2 times People's Choice Award & Carolina Chevelle Club Best in Show

2016 Midwest Chevelle Regional "Dean Call Award"
2015 OPGI Original Restored Award

MCACN Gold
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 19, 3:51 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

What year Chevelle are you working on?

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 19, 4:00 PM
Senior Tech Team
Keith

why not just buy a new plug and play stock repro harness
busterwivell and Kirk's67SS like this.

1966 Chevelle SS 396/360 M21 3:73 posi. silver/blue buckets

Maryland Chevelle Club #682
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 19, 4:01 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Here you go. This is your guy.
https://www.chevelles.com/classified...=142192&cat=76
davewho1 likes this.

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 19, 4:06 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Mike

I'm doing a frame off on a 68.

Mike
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 19, 4:22 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithb View Post
why not just buy a new plug and play stock repro harness
The reason why I'm looking for a rebuild service versus purchase (new) is strictly cost. I am performing a full frame off on my 68 and the costs are already stratospheric. Only trying to save a little money.

The harness on my Chevelle is salvageable and replacementment dash harness costs are roughly $500/550. If I could rebuild the current harness for half that, I'm ahead of the game. The harness would be restored and tested when I get it back, and I could bolt it back into a freshly painted body as part of assembly.

Mike
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 19, 4:27 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Mike

Thank you for the feedback fellas..

Mike
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 19, 3:06 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tony

Garage

Quote:
The reason why I'm looking for a rebuild service versus purchase (new) is strictly cost. I am performing a full frame off on my 68 and the costs are already stratospheric. Only trying to save a little money.

The harness on my Chevelle is salvageable and replacementment dash harness costs are roughly $500/550. If I could rebuild the current harness for half that, I'm ahead of the game. The harness would be restored and tested when I get it back, and I could bolt it back into a freshly painted body as part of assembly.

Mike
I used the services mentioned above (link to the classifieds). I have yet to install, but everything looks great...

I am unsure on the '68+, but I did have an issue with not initially getting a replacement piece (one of the tangs at the bulkhead was broken, and I had requested a replacement with good tangs), but a replacement was promptly sent...

I used those services for exactly the same reasoning, strictly cost as the ~$250+ savings seemed like a good idea for me... Of course, with all the other harnesses being brand new, I sometimes question my decision...

Once you go RAT, you never go back...
TC #1366

Sold

Sold

&

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 19, 4:09 PM
Tech Team
lou

Send a message via AIM to roadster601

Quote:

Mike
NEED HELP? CALL TOLL-FREE: 866-624-1850

CHECKOUT
SHOPPING CART (0)
Login
Lectric Limited
they have it all every harness you need i used them on my 67 chevelle ss and ncrs top flight corvette all looks original

lou
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 19, 4:54 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tom

Garage
Send a message via AIM to BlueSS454

Donít cheap out on electric and harnesses. American Auto Wire is the best in the business. They use the blue prints GM used and is undetectable from OEM.

Tom Rightler, MCC VP & Newsletter Editor

Best ET: [email protected] MPH

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 19, 12:45 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadster601 View Post
NEED HELP? CALL TOLL-FREE: 866-624-1850

CHECKOUT
SHOPPING CART (0)
Login
Lectric Limited
they have it all every harness you need i used them on my 67 chevelle ss and ncrs top flight corvette all looks original
Same here on my 67, Lectric Limited sells quality stuff.
roadster601 likes this.

Randy
TC # 5401
67 Project SS Clone

Owning a Chevelle project is like having a giant-size piggy bank that you keep pouring money into....but you can't get it back out.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 19, 12:02 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tony

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSS454 View Post
Donít cheap out on electric and harnesses. American Auto Wire is the best in the business. They use the blue prints GM used and is undetectable from OEM.
Semi-related...

Ironically, when I was looking for harnesses a year or two ago, I looked into AAW, Lectric Limited, M&H, and a few others... I recall the prices were IDENTICAL... Not only through the resto shops, but even direct. Example; Dash harness was $429, didn't matter who was selling them... I was thinking they may all come from the same supplier, but AAW said no, they build their own...
69SHEVL and roadster601 like this.

TC #1366

Sold

Sold

&

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 19, 12:33 PM
Tech Team
Jim

I replaced the full harness on my 70 using AAW. The quality was very good but I ended up having a few questions during the installation.
I found their customer service to be excellent every time I called.
LeoP and Kirk's67SS like this.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 19, 12:40 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tony

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1966_L78 View Post
Semi-related...

Ironically, when I was looking for harnesses a year or two ago, I looked into AAW, Lectric Limited, M&H, and a few others... I recall the prices were IDENTICAL... Not only through the resto shops, but even direct. Example; Dash harness was $429, didn't matter who was selling them... I was thinking they may all come from the same supplier, but AAW said no, they build their own...
I just checked again... M&H and Lectric Limited use the same part numbers, and together with AAW, they all have the same prices, to the penny...

I looked at harnesses for my car (1966, 396, gauges no A/C)...

Dash Harness:
LL #09460 $429.00
MH #09460 $429.00
AAW #CH67027 $429.00

Engine harness:
LL #10430 $108.00
MH #10430 $108.00
AAW #CH60430 $108.00

"SE Breakerless" ignition:
All 3 use part #38131 $169.00

AAW out of New Jersey
LL out of Illinois (says their production facilities are outside Chicago)
MH Southern California...

I chose AAW because Donny was on here a lot, and very helpful... Yes AAW had excellent customer service...
69SHEVL likes this.

TC #1366

Sold

Sold

&

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in