How to wire up multiple accessories to fuse box? - Page 2 - Chevelle Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical problems.

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 19, 12:34 PM
Senior Tech Team
Steve

Re: How to wire up multiple accessories to fuse box?

Not laughing here - I did the same exact thing for my under the hood fuse box I created. I just used a different housing - but I had to provide my own wire, relays and fuses and assemble the whole thing too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ69chevelle View Post
Y'all will probably laugh, but I used one of these and it does the job well. You have to supply your own wire, relays, and fuses, along assembling the whole thing yourself. It's nothing more than the box and some female blade sta-cons.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Auto-Car-Fu...S!-1:rk:1:pf:0

1972 Chevelle, 454, 2004r, 4.10
1981 Camaro Z28, 355, TH350, 3.73
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 19, 2:00 PM
Tech Team
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ69chevelle View Post
Y'all will probably laugh, but I used one of these and it does the job well. You have to supply your own wire, relays, and fuses, along assembling the whole thing yourself. It's nothing more than the box and some female blade sta-cons.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Auto-Car-Fu...S!-1:rk:1:pf:0
These are the style fuse boxes you can find in the junkyard cheap complete with wire, relays, fuses, etc. They're also weather sealed. Imports are the best place to look for those as they tend to add on to existing systems. Older GMs had relay banks for e-fans and such.

That fuse box isn't a bad idea, would be a good start for a clean wiring harness.

*Jeff*

Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
LQ4 / T56 Swap
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 19, 9:41 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Verle

I have used an underhood fuse box from a 1990s Chevrolet pickup when doing late model engine transplants. They are weather sealed, have fuses and relays enough to handle anything you want to add and keep all the new stuff off the original Chevelle wiring.

Be sure to label or make a wiring diagram so you know what fuse and relay controls what.

Verle
Tulsa, Ok
65 Chevelle L79 since Feb 1965

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in