Made In Where ? - Page 6 - Chevelle Tech
2015 General Tech Forum from 2015

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #76 of 79 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 16, 6:46 AM
Tech Team
dave

Re: Made In Where ?

Actually operating old/restored cars and bikes is getting tougher to do due to the crap quality of repop parts from former rickshaw nations. Amazing how China manned up so quickly to produce parts for 1950's Harleys and 1960's muscle cars. I worked in a union mill from '71 til retirement in 2005; We stood around with our thumbs you know where while NAFTA and other outsourcing deals ruined the hopes and dreams of the blue collar middle class while enhancing the lifestyle of residents of communist countries. Had what has happened and is happening to this country 80-100 years ago a lot of important, well paid and powerful people in big business and on both sides of the political spectrum would have been on put on trial for treason.
TDW, Stokerboats, bigmachd and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 79 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 17, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Mac

Well I just got my new Hurst Quarter Stick shifter from the ups guy, and, yes you guessed it, MADE IN CHINA. Well Son *$#^&$%^#&*#*(@_#_$(*$%^&%$^$#&#$&#$*& and a couple of dog gone it 's.

1970 Chevelle SS full weight street car (4030lbs)
498-11.5:1 (Mac built) 91 pump gas+
Strauby sissy roller -
brodix-rr rec 294
weiand stelth- Pro Systems 1000
turbo 400 10" 3200 Coan 4.10 12 bolt
Best Passes on28-10.5-15 slicks and 110
1.56-6.97-99.83
1.6194-11.1666-120.94

And a drag [email protected]

If it wasn't dangerous, it wouldn't be fun!

https://www.chevelles.com/showroom/d...7/IMG_2519.JPG
https://www.chevelles.com/showroom/d.../IMG_24851.JPG
post #78 of 79 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 17, 12:17 AM
Tech Team
Bob

If your still working and not retired, if you can honestly say that you earn your wages and can say you gave a honest days work for a good wage, then disregard.
I give credit to the handful of young workers that go to work, get paid and EARN their pay. I have worked since I was 13 and actually worked full time in high school 40+hours per week. I'm not educated beyond high school, but have worked from farming to retail to steel mills to chemical plants. I worked 500-800 hours of overtime a year when I was hourly. I did it mostly to learn more about my job and be an asset. It paid off I was promoted to an ATO/engineer even though I have no college. I truly feel if the same Americans I work with make the "made in America tools" I'm not sure I want them. I can't believe no one said our kids, grandkids, brothers whomever are a problem. My 27 year old son is lazy as hell, can't hold a job, called off work when it was raining. I've tried to show him the way people should be but he don't care thinks everyone owes him something.
Sorry if I offended anyone, but 90% of my work force is worthless. Think they're being paid to play on Facebook, text, watch YouTube, sleep and basically work is to socialize.
I'm on call for emergency issues and get called all the time. Had a guy, same seniority as me, run a pump the other day for 4 hours without flow, to me this is common sense. Had 2 brand new operators get mad when I asked them to cleanup some oil that had leaked to the ground.
I'm done ranting, but look around or in the mirror next time you think that we didn't do it to ourselves.
bigmachd likes this.

post #79 of 79 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 17, 12:40 AM
Clint

Surprised no one has mentioned the Corporate Tax Rate in the USA, is right at 35%, highest in the world among industrialized nations. Manufacturing in this country started going to h*ll and leaving our shores, when it went from 15% to 35%. Trump wants to lower it back to the old rate because he knows what it would do for our economic well-being but some politicians in both parties will fight the idea, tooth and nail.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 701 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.