Made In Where ? - Page 4 - Chevelle Tech
2015 General Tech Forum from 2015

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #46 of 79 (permalink) Old Dec 24th, 15, 4:54 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Mac

Re: Made In Where ?

OK, here I go again, Yeti coolers, made in USA, good stuff, I have two of them.....Yeti stainless steel insulated 20 oz cup (or glass) made in china, and the da*m thing still cost me $32.00
Went to Fastenall other day to get grade 8 nuts for race car, 3/8 x 16 grade 8 self locking nuts, bag of 50, about $11.50, (lowe's wanted over 2.50 for a bag of 2 ) pay no attention till I get home and toss them on the bench, and there it is rite on the front of the package in fairly large print, Made In Taiwan, , and I'm bolting the body to the tube chassis with this stuff, and my seat, and harness, and..............

Merry Christmas

1970 Chevelle SS full weight street car (4030lbs)
498-11.5:1 (Mac built) 91 pump gas+
Strauby sissy roller -
brodix-rr rec 294
weiand stelth- Pro Systems 1000
turbo 400 10" 3200 Coan 4.10 12 bolt
Best Passes on28-10.5-15 slicks and 110
1.56-6.97-99.83
1.6194-11.1666-120.94

And a drag [email protected]

If it wasn't dangerous, it wouldn't be fun!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 79 (permalink) Old Dec 24th, 15, 5:29 PM
Senior Tech Team
Gary

The simple answer is the corporations got used to mega profits. Most were doing fine with american labor but they wanted more and monkey see monkey do. Also,these same corporations control government. All canidates are basically the same on any issue that really means anything. Some sort of revolution is the only answer
post #48 of 79 (permalink) Old Dec 24th, 15, 7:45 PM
Senior Tech Team

Send a message via AIM to Jim Mac

I used to love craftsman tools for the warranty and it was a decent tool. Ive noticed alot of the wrenches are now made in china. Ive bought a bunch of tools at yard sales but any more for tools I might use Inc or twice I go to harbor frieght. Its alot cheaper and if you kn o the limitation of the tool your getting its not a bad deal. I look at them as disposable tools. Buy them right be for you plan on using them, if it starts to go south before the warranty expires, just tank it back and get a new one to keep in to tool box. Jim

Jim

70 chevelle, SS clone 454 4 speed
71 camaro. (owned since 1978!) 6-71 blown small block 400
66 chevelle 350 4 speed 3.55 12 bolt
66 el camino 350 th350 parts hauler

post #49 of 79 (permalink) Old Dec 24th, 15, 8:01 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
JOHN

Now if you take a ratchet back to sears for replacement you get a Chinese one .
post #50 of 79 (permalink) Old Dec 25th, 15, 9:03 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
rick

Garage

I could have lost an eye from a HF 9/16th wrench, adjusting the chain on a mc using the open end to snug and was going to flip it to use the boxed end to tighten, well barely snugging the jaw of the wrench popped and flew towards my face, so I ducked, and I was using the wrench correctly, took it back to HF and they wanted the set, I don't use their wrenches anymore.

post #51 of 79 (permalink) Old Dec 25th, 15, 9:58 AM
Tech Team
Rick

Blame Bill Clinton. First thing he did was sign the NAFTA TREATY. Ross Perot, told us all what would happen if that went down, total destruction of American manufacturing, That man really cared about this country and would have got our ass out of trouble. Trump remind's me of him. Trump just has no tack. Also blame it on Walmart, renumber all the buy American when Sam was alive. That went south really fast and with NAFTA , Walmart went overseas fast, the lowes ,etc. Pisses me off big time.
haughty likes this.

Rick Simmons
71 Chevelle
350 H.O
Leaving loose traction on the streets of Richmond

post #52 of 79 (permalink) Old Dec 25th, 15, 10:32 AM
jac
Lifetime Premium Member

How about all the clothes made in Viet Nam

70ss nassau blue
post #53 of 79 (permalink) Old Dec 25th, 15, 11:43 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Shane

Almost everything at walgreens is made somewhere else also.

New oil is cheaper than new parts
post #54 of 79 (permalink) Old Dec 25th, 15, 12:00 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
George

The new trade bill will get rid of country of origin and forbid "Made in USA" to be on any product. Just what are they thinking?

My biggest worry is when I pass on my wife will sell all my stuff for what I told her I paid for them.
post #55 of 79 (permalink) Old Dec 25th, 15, 12:01 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Mac View Post
I used to love craftsman tools for the warranty and it was a decent tool. Ive noticed alot of the wrenches are now made in china. Ive bought a bunch of tools at yard sales but any more for tools I might use Inc or twice I go to harbor frieght. Its alot cheaper and if you kn o the limitation of the tool your getting its not a bad deal. I look at them as disposable tools. Buy them right be for you plan on using them, if it starts to go south before the warranty expires, just tank it back and get a new one to keep in to tool box. Jim
You'd be amazed at which "name brand tools" are made in China. It's not just Craftsman. Sad thing is you can buy better quality tools than Craftsman at AutoZone.

'66 SS Chevelle
565 BBC Mamofied 300cc Ovals
4.11 12 bolt
Best e.t. to date [email protected] @115.31
1.315 60'
post #56 of 79 (permalink) Old Dec 25th, 15, 12:20 PM
Senior Tech Team
Gary

I voted for perot twice
post #57 of 79 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 15, 6:33 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to davewho1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Mac View Post
This is why I buy 99% of my tools at yard/estate sales & thrift stores - pennies on the dollar for GREAT (American Made!) tools. If you have a friendly local pawn shop, there are good deals there, too.

I have multiples of most everything, and if I break something, I have backups.

If you break most anything Craftsman now, you get a ChiCom replacement. That ain't the way I roll.

If you prefer to buy new tools - S-K are proudly made in the USA, they aren't exorbitantly priced like Snap-on, and they have a great warranty. I found an OLD, non-functional 45170 3/8 ratchet recently, and I emailed them asking about a repair kit. They sent me one gratis - no questions asked. Can't beat that.

David

1966 Fremont 11A, SS396/L35 coupe - 1 of 66,843

MM/763; A01; A39; A51; D55; M35; N40; U14; U63

post #58 of 79 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 15, 8:09 AM
Tech Team
Bob

It's actually pretty scary the I've worked in manufacturing most of my life. I must come from a different breed, the people we've hired in the last 10 years 80% don't care to work, learn their job, or have any pride in themselves. I blame upper management and the way kids are raised now. I'm 43 years old, growing up I seen my dad and mom get up, go to work and come home tired. If you want something, you had to work for it.
The management, at the company I work for recently changed the discipline actions. The supervisors and higher had to go to training on how to handle insubordinate employees. They are not allowed to yell, or "talk down" to anyone. they are asked to be friends with the workers. So now we have supervisors going to sporting events, shopping, facebooking, partying with their employees. There is no respect for management now. I don't follow this you cannot have a boss as a friend and expect them to "manage" their people. I need at least 15 more years to retire, but don't think I'll get there at this place.
post #59 of 79 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 16, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Mac

I was working on cage the other nite and noticed the pipe we got two years ago says made in Korea, pipe we got a few weeks ago from same lumber yard I says jazeera steel, made in Oman...
I guess when we all have to move our families to another country to get a job and there isn't anyone left here, then maybe, just maybe, Uncle Sam will "get it".

1970 Chevelle SS full weight street car (4030lbs)
498-11.5:1 (Mac built) 91 pump gas+
Strauby sissy roller -
brodix-rr rec 294
weiand stelth- Pro Systems 1000
turbo 400 10" 3200 Coan 4.10 12 bolt
Best Passes on28-10.5-15 slicks and 110
1.56-6.97-99.83
1.6194-11.1666-120.94

And a drag [email protected]

If it wasn't dangerous, it wouldn't be fun!

post #60 of 79 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 16, 11:36 AM
Gold Member
Gene

For those of you that've met my son Donny, he is a 'nazi' on made in US. And we do go out of the way to tell manufactures, like say Danner and Justin re boots, that we would never pick the cheap china over US.

BTW, this may be a bit taboo for BR, but if anyone wanted to know why your esteem politicians have such a dogmatic ( and uninformed) religion about free trade, the answer is quite simple: They've been paid HANDSOMELY to "beleive". D and R both. Documented, no BS. Fact.

www.selling-us-out.com

To Rick's point above, Bill Clinton may not have had sex "with that woman", but he sure sodomized the AFL/CIO and working men and woman.

Yet, to blame those whores without blaming ourselves is disingenuous. The WalMArt effect is documented ; we "feel" wealthier as we can buy more goods, now cheap offshore, even though we are slowly cutting our legs off. But, folks can't resist a bargain.

What would my "American" Racing TT have cost if they were cast by Alcoa? I was BALLISTIC when I saw made in China on the boxes. But not enough to send them back ( rubber already mounted so couldnt) and put the out of round SS wheels back on. $700 worth of rims would have been what $1500-2200 US made?

Gene
ACES 3112/Team Chevelle Gold #62
Be big, be a 'builder'!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 785 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.