Looking for Dads 67 chevelle SS - Chevelle Tech
Lost and Found A home for lost and found Chevelle cars or items.

2Likes
  • 1 Post By augy
  • 1 Post By searchin4a66

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 17, 9:18 AM Thread Starter

Looking for Dads 67 chevelle SS

From the information i can find, it was in kentucky in 06' but cant track it any further than that. vin# 138177A145007. My mother and I are trying to surprise him with the first car he ever purchased. Red car with red cloth seats, 4 speed trans.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 6th, 17, 3:48 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Steve

Re: Looking for Dads 67 chevelle SS

Welcome to Team Chevelle.....

You might try posting an ad in the last-known local newspaper's classic auto section. State the specifics of the car like you did here. Add engine size, type of wheels, any other known info. Maybe even an old pic if you have one.
Steve R likes this.

When I works, I works hard.
When I sits, I sits loose.
When I thinks, I falls asleep.

The '68 L79 Malibu survivor as found in Nov. 2014, in my profile pic.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 7th, 17, 8:04 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Jeff

Go here:

https://www.add123.com/autodata/nmvtis

Enter the vin in the box and click it. I ran your vin and it shows has having a title transfer or registration issued in 2005, so the car was still alive at that point, hopefully it is still around! You can purchase the report for $4.95. It will not tell you who owns it, but it will tell you what state that 2005 transaction took place in so you will know where it was last titled, which is a start.

Good luck!

Jeff Helms
-65 Z16 Survivor (Red/black/white int.) (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
-65 Z16 drag car, unrestored (Red/Red)
-65 SS Convertible (Red)
-65 300 2-dr Wagon, Modified (Tuxedo Black)

-66 SS L78 Coupe (Marina Blue), unrestored
-66 SS L34/M20 Survivor Coupe (Aztec Bronze) - 'Vintage Legend' Certified (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
-66 SS Convertible (Marina Blue)- "LOADED"

-67 SS L78 Survivor Coupe (Grenada Gold)
-67 SS L34/M21 Survivor Coupe (Tahoe Turquoise)
-67 SS L34/M20 Convertible (Bolero Red)
-67 ElCamino L35/M20 (Butternut Yellow)
-67 Concours Station Wagon (Mountain Green)

-67 Camaro SS350 Survivor (Grenada Gold)- 'Vintage Legend' Certified by the American Camaro Association

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 7th, 17, 11:15 PM
Tech Team
Brian

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffschevelle View Post
Go here:

https://www.add123.com/autodata/nmvtis

Enter the vin in the box and click it. I ran your vin and it shows has having a title transfer or registration issued in 2005, so the car was still alive at that point, hopefully it is still around! You can purchase the report for $4.95. It will not tell you who owns it, but it will tell you what state that 2005 transaction took place in so you will know where it was last titled, which is a start.

Good luck!
Jeff, thanks for that post...trying to track down history on my 66. Knew it came to Missouri in 16...report tells me it was titled in Wisconsin in 2001...but the vin is off...listed as 138716A on the Wisconsin transfer...should be 138176A. Is it common to transpose numbers when registering a title? Seems like that would have cause trouble with the Missouri title...not sure how it didn't.

1966 SS 396 4 speed Chevelle

1968 Chevelle Malibu
Family owned since new

Last edited by davewho1; Aug 7th, 17 at 11:17 PM. Reason: fixed quote
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 7th, 17, 11:22 PM
Tech Team
Clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBE66SS View Post
Jeff, thanks for that post...trying to track down history on my 66. Knew it came to Missouri in 16...report tells me it was titled in Wisconsin in 2001...but the vin is off...listed as 138716A on the Wisconsin transfer...should be 138176A. Is it common to transpose numbers when registering a title? Seems like that would have cause trouble with the Missouri title...not sure how it didn't.
when i bought my 66 it hadnt been registered since the 90s. the vin on the old title had a 2 instead of the Z for fremont. I had the vin verifier come out and put that in his notes for the dmv. Got the new title and it still has the 2!! So its atleast somewhat common
BBE66SS likes this.

The more cubes the merrier!

66 Chevelle Malibu pro street 489 stroker sold
71 Nova SS Clone pro touring 496 stroker sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 927 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.