Yellow Z 16 Recently sold - Chevelle Tech
Lost and Found A home for lost and found Chevelle cars or items.

24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 20, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Benton

Yellow Z 16 Recently sold

Hi folks I am looking for my uncles Z 16. He bought the car in the mid 80s from the second or third owner out of Indiana I think and kept it garaged with a few trips to car shows over the years. He passed away about 10 years ago and my Aunt began selling his cars. I begged her to hold onto the Z16 but it was the last to go about 6 months ago. My Aunt is a wonderful woman but has had to deal several tragedies and I don't want to upset her by asking. She is also secretive about her finances and I don't want her to think I'm just being nosey. It is true that if I found the car I couldn't afford to buy it back but i would like to keep track of it in case my son or her grandsons could some day. The car is all original except for a repaint before my Uncle bought it. It would have been purchased in the last year from Asheville NC. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 20, 12:31 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage
Re: Yellow Z 16 Recently sold

Welcome to Team Chevelle Benton. There is a member here named Jeff Helms that is considered one of the world's best experts on 65 Z16 Chevelle's. He owns several and is probably more in touch with what's out there than anyone else. Hopefully he will be along shortly and tell us what he knows about your uncle's car. It would be helpful if you could give a few details about the car, color or anything else that might help identify it. Good luck with your search.
NickeyChevelle likes this.

70 LS5 convertible
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 20, 12:44 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage

Here is a link to a discussion about a Z16 that recently sold.
https://www.chevelles.com/forums/60-...?highlight=Z16
It is regal red.

70 LS5 convertible

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 20, 1:02 PM Thread Starter
Benton

All I really know about the car is what I put in the original post. It was original yellow, still is. Everything else was original. had white or parchment seats. My uncle had owned it since the early 80s and it was sold less than a year ago from Asheville North Carolina.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 20, 1:32 PM Thread Starter
Benton

Thanks but that cl ad is not the car. She never had to post any of his cars. After he died she had plenty of people asking all the time. He and my dad were twins and between them they owned some very rare cars. I still have most of my my dad's but i have always been fascinated by my uncles z16. Funny story: the night my Uncle brought the car home he did not have a place in the building for it so it sat outside IN THE RAIN. We lived next door and when my dad woke up and saw it still outside i hought he was going to have a heart attack.
12stones likes this.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 20, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Benton

I have been searching the internet and watching the auctions thinking it will show up. It will turn up sooner or later. I haven't heard anything from Jeff yet. Maybe hes the guy who bought it!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 20, 4:17 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bill Wente

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingburrito View Post
I have been searching the internet and watching the auctions thinking it will show up. It will turn up sooner or later. I haven't heard anything from Jeff yet. Maybe hes the guy who bought it!
Jeff didn't buy it but I'd be surprised if he doesn't know about it.

A few '67s and a '66
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 20, 5:01 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bill Wente

My friend Keith in Asheville knew your Uncle and your Dad. I will pm you his contact.
blue_69_malibu likes this.

A few '67s and a '66
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 20, 5:08 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bill Wente

I see you are not able to receive pms.
Call Keith K. at eight two eight-two seven five-nine nine 00
David Bates and Derek69SS like this.

A few '67s and a '66
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 20, 6:32 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
KEITH

Garage

Benton,
Give me a call at the number above. I know some information concerning the Z. Your uncle bought the car at the NCOA show in Pigeon Forge in 1986 or 1987. I have photos of it. They counted the money on the hood. Your Dad and uncle were both great guys. I knew your dad a little better than your uncle. He sold me the heads and intake for my 65 396 vette. He also bought a 67 vette from me.
Keith

Keith

1967 Chevelle SS 49,500 mile car under restoration. Heavily documented.
1965 Corvette 396 425 H.P. restored in 1986
1971 Chevelle SS 402, 3sp manual trans. 50,078 miles, purchased from widow of original owner. Some Documentation.
1986 Silverado Lowered 5in front and 7in in rear.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old Mar 24th, 20, 8:41 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Steve

GREAT post! Putting people together to (hopefully) locate a special car......

When I works, I works hard.
When I sits, I sits loose.
When I thinks, I falls asleep.

The '68 L79 Malibu survivor as found in Nov. 2014, in my profile pic.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old Mar 24th, 20, 2:16 PM Thread Starter
Benton

That's right! I was there when he bought it. I thought it was earlier than 1986-7 though. If memory serves I was 14 or 15 and not old enough to drive but since my dad and uncle bought more cars than they had drivers I got to drive a 69 z28 back to Asheville.
shovelrick, 12stones and kmakar like this.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old Mar 24th, 20, 2:23 PM Thread Starter
Benton

Keith i will give you a call shortly. Also thank you for the kind words. "the twins" as my dad and uncle were known were a force of nature.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 20, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Benton

Keith was right that my Uncle bought it at NCOA in 86. I saw an old post on this site that confirmed the year. I was 15 years old. I was wrong about what was driving that weekend but thats another story. I have been talking to my Aunt and one of their oldest friends these past couple of days - he was also there when he bought it. The seller was a farmer from MN who was sick and wanted to show it one more time. My uncle went to the show saying if a z-16 was there he was going to buy it. Well, he bought it. As i said earlier he let it sit out in the rain the night he brought it home. The friend said he called him a couple of days later and told him to come over. He had cleared out a spot to store it but wanted to drive it before he parked it. He said they both drove it and it ran just fine 😁. I never saw it driven more than from the trailer into the show on occassions he got it out after that. Just one of a million stories. Get me to tell you about our first trip to Spring Carlisle in 82 sometime.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 20, 3:16 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
bob

Benton, you must have some great memory's doing car things with your dad and uncle as I do with my dad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in