Ok, couple pics of my fix for the broken track bolt...
here is the offending jamnut & broken bolt with the easy out broken off in the hole i drilled...
After drilling the spot welds and knocking it through with a sledge
my replacement stuck together with JB weld
Drilled another access hole in the rear of the frame since i couldn't hold the new nut up in place via the factory holes
Here it is after JB welding it into place from the inside:
And here is how i held it (incase the JB weld broke loose, but it didn't) when tightening
Major league unexpected last second pita! But i got it.
Next up... heres my buddy welding in our floor brackets after mocking up their location using an extra lower seat frame & my tracks
My Helper approves!
I'm very happy with how they turned out.
They feel great. The HD 9ga side support springs definitely aid in the side to side feel, without raising up the seating position. I'm not a small guy... 5'11" 245lbs and i fit just fine behind the wheel, head is NOT in the headliner and my leg can use the clutch w/o issue.
I have used reproduction seat springs before and none of the above would be true if i had gone that way... which is the reason why i went through all that hassle to make my own....
Anyway, Thanks for following along, its been a fun journey!
If nothing else, I hope it shows that anybody can do this stuff... its not rocket science!
I'll add some posts to the thread more when I do up the headrest covers in the next week or so as well.