HEADLINER HELP IN IL. - Chevelle Tech
Interiors Upholstery and soft trim

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 04, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

I need to find a shopin the chicagoland area that can install a headliner in my 70 chevelle fora fair honest price ,I live in AURORA IL. and I went to a localshoptoday and asked what he would charge to install my headliner we said $350 [img]graemlins/angry.gif[/img] YA RIGHT i told him that i have the headliner and the side ear muffs ,well that $350 was without the headliner that would be extra [img]graemlins/angry.gif[/img] so off i went
HELL the interior is gutted and i have the windows out as of now so it should be a pice of cake for somebody
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 04, 10:51 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tom

Garage
Send a message via AIM to BlueSS454
I was charged $250 in have the headliner installed in my 69. Open up the phone book and make a few calls to upholstery shops. Try to find one that specializes in classic cars.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 04, 5:00 AM
von
Lifetime Founding Member
Von

A local Chevelle owner was recently charged $175 by an upholstery shop (labor only) that did an excellent job.

von '69 Malibu Team Chevelle Member #15
[img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 04, 8:41 AM
Senior Tech Team
Jerry

In 1997 I was charged $250.00, including the material. That included recovering/resewing the sunvisors.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 04, 9:54 AM
Gold Member

Robert,

Let me guess...that estimate was from Lesco on S. Lake St., right?

Try Schober's Trim & Upholstery on Montgomery Road, 630.585.7912, or else Riggs Brothers in St. Charles, 630.443.1717

[img]graemlins/waving.gif[/img]

Bill Pritchard
69 SS396 Convertible L35 M40
69 SS396 'Post Sedan' L35 M20
"Life is short; eat dessert first." - Ogden Nash
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 04, 10:00 AM
Tech Team

Try Creative Auto Tops and Interiors in Oswego, 554-2192. I had him pull down my new headliner half way and reinstall. He charged $75. I don't know what he'd charge for the whole headliner.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 04, 4:08 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

THANKS GUYS [img]graemlins/beers.gif[/img] well the guy in ST Charles wants $500 [img]graemlins/angry.gif[/img] and the guy in Montgomery whats $300 so i called the guy in Oswego and he said $250-275 well that sound a hell of alot better plus he said that he would install my vinyl top for $200
and yes the first shop i went to was Lesco
well i thought LESCO WAS HIGH PRICE TILL I TALKED TO THE TOOL in St Charles $500 to install a headliner!! that better come with case of beer and two hookers [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 04, 9:11 AM
Tech Team

I also don't want to put out that amount of cash to have mine installed,I was quoted $250.00. I already have the headliner and the muffs. I pull in a headliner in my (sorry)Dodge Challenger a few years ago and got a pretty good result, had a few small wrinkles at first but after a few weeks of hot weather they disappeared. I have done alot of searches online and have read up on the install,I am going to do mine this week in my 66.

[[url]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 04, 10:05 PM

rob, i you want click on my profile and email me and i well send u some phone numbers, i live just over the line about 40 min from your place.
[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 04, 3:33 PM
Tech Team

I finished installing my headliner last Sunday and it took me about eight hours. I had a few wrinkles but I let the car set out in the HOT sun (106')and it is really looking good. I guess I saved $250.00, I am taking myselk out to a good dinner! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

[[url]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 5537 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.