How to cut carpet for seat tracks
Fit and install your carpet making all your cuts for seatbelts,shifter,console,anything else that is needed on you car.
Making the seat track cuts should be the last thing you do before trimming the edges and installing your door sills.
1. Locate your forward mount points for your seat(s) make a 1.5" cut left to right, about .5"aft of those mount points. Center of the cut should be center of the mount point. Fig 1
2. From the center of the 1.5" cut,make a cut all the way back to the seam for the front to rear carpet.You will make 1 of these cuts for each forward seat mount point. Fig 2
3. For the rear mount bolts repeat the cuts as above. Except the 1.5" cut will be towards the forward side of the mount bolts. Make the lengthwise cut meet he lengthwise cuts you made in the foward carpet pieces.
4. Now from the underseat seam roll rear carpet section aft and the forward carpet section forward. Fig 3
5. Install seat securing it to the floor with proper hardware and to proper torque.
6. Roll/Stuff rear carpet piece under your seat(s). Now do the foward carpet. Front carpet lays over the top of the rear carpet. Fig 4
Installation complete Seat plastic trim was removed for clarity Fig 5
Machines don't matter.... People matter