Bench to Bucket Conversion Diagram - Page 3 - Chevelle Tech
Interiors Upholstery and soft trim

3Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #31 of 186 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 08, 3:55 PM
Tech Team

Re: Bench to Bucket Conversion Diagram

The same link previously posted has the console install also.
http://www.buickperformance.com/buckconsole.htm
Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 186 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 08, 9:50 AM
Senior Tech Team

What is the difference with the 68-69 and the 70-72 brackets? Is the floor a little different? Or are the seats different?????

I just installed my brackets and the console bracket in my 69 but I have a set of 1972 Chevelle buckets. Hope I don't have to change something.

I mounted the seats and they seem to sit in there pretty straight. Thanks to those Buick diagrahms I got them in there perfect. I still gotta drill the hole for my shifter cable though.

Original 138 car from Freemont. 67 SS Bench seat 4-speed car with 396, Original M-20 with factory 3.73 12 Bolt Posi.

"You can never go fast enough" James Taylor Two-Lane Blacktop

Member #3635
Tri-State Chevelle Member #F-10
Larry Grigsby
post #33 of 186 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 08, 5:37 PM
Tech Team

I believe the difference is the contour of the floor itself, so you have to use the brackets for the 68-69 and the seats for the 70-72 should have the same bolt pattern so you should be OK.
Kevin

post #34 of 186 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 08, 4:53 PM

(Power Seat)))))Re: Bench to Bucket Conversion Diagram

I am in teh process of converting bench to power seat (original 67 SS) have you any info or know where to get the correct bracket nearest console.
Thanks
post #35 of 186 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 08, 6:46 PM
Tech Team

Ground up as well as other venders carry the brackets.
http://www.ss396.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?
post #36 of 186 (permalink) Old May 15th, 08, 8:13 PM
Tech Team
TJ

first time I've seen this thread and first I've heard to use the inboard existing hole in the outboard bucket bracket... I haven't tried to put belts in yet, but I remember a buddy's car having a hard time getting that outer belt in and now I know why...

67 Malibu #1:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

67 Malibu #2:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #37 of 186 (permalink) Old Jun 15th, 08, 2:45 PM
Senior Tech Team
John

Just got my bucket seats mounted and set in the 66 Chevelle. I'm nearly 6'4" and close to the roof already - w no headliner in yet.

Anyone make mods to the seats / floor to ...
#1). get the seat back further. I'm sitting kinda' close to the steering wheel & pedals.
#2). Get the seat lower a bit. New seat foam is very nice and cumfy but also makes me sit a bit too high.

I'm thinking 1" back and 1" down would make a BIG difference.

I checked the distance from the front of the seat cushion to the base of the gas pedal and get 24.5", which is 1 inch more that I have in my 67 Vette. BIG difference is the Vette is a convertible whereas my Velle is a coupe.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Restoring a 66 Chevelle SS

post #38 of 186 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 08, 11:42 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dana

More reference materials...

http://macc.chevelles.net/console_install.pdf
http://macc.chevelles.net/buckets_install.pdf

Dana

post #39 of 186 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 08, 4:58 PM
genaro

I have a 72' chevelle,I have 75 monte carlo swivel buckets. Will this work for me?
post #40 of 186 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 08, 8:58 PM
Senior Tech Team
Bryan

Not likely----I believe 72 was the last year of this particular seat design.
I would imagine the swivel would have it's own special mount----Dunno

Bryan's toyz

59 ElCamino 454/TKO 5spd--(daddy)
66 ElCamino 3oh7/TKO 5spd (mousey) Almost done
On the street now!!!

65 Ranchero v8/4-spd, that my uncle bought new
post #41 of 186 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 08, 4:37 PM
Tech Team
Mark

Anyone know if I really need to use the outer front bracket that come in the kit for a 66 ??? I have new floor pans and the already have the holes their for the bench seat. Wouldn't they be the same for the buckets. I bolted on the longer inter bracket to the bottom of the buckets and then ran the bolts through on the outer side and then tach welded in the inner brackets. The buckets seem to be level. Anyone else ever replace the floor pans and then run into this????
post #42 of 186 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 08, 8:01 PM
Senior Tech Team
Bryan

The outer front hole on a bucket is about 1/2" farther forward and 1/2" inboard from the bench hole.

Wallering out the front hole on the track might get it on as these holes are a bit large, but if the floor is welded in correctly the seat will most likely tilt a bit

Bryan's toyz

On the street now!!!

post #43 of 186 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 08, 4:21 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tony

Send a message via AIM to 69 Daytona Yellow 3 Speed
Thumbs up Re: Bench to Bucket Conversion Diagram

Been considering whether to put buckets in the 69. I have a perfect set of 69 that need nothing that i have for some time. I have read all the post and Hinshaws pdf file. But in a nut shell you can or can not use the outer mounting brackets...? I bought the inner brackets years ago from one of the vendors here. The car is a 69. I just cant seem to get a answer from all the post. I did see the last one about the outer brackets being in a diff location but was this on a 69 or 66. Thanks for any input. If the answer was post i read over it.

Tony

33 Years of ownership, thanks dad !
Im real, my car is real and i have a tag line i dont hide nothing.
My 1969 Mellow Daytona Yellow SS396, 3 Speed, Bench Seat, Original Paint "Survivor".

Press 1 for English
Press 2 for Deportation
post #44 of 186 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 08, 5:40 PM
Senior Tech Team
Bryan

I can only tell you what I ran into on my 66

If you do not use the outer seat bracket hole to the inner rear hole----you will have seatbelt retractor interferance with the seat itself.

Wallering out the hole in the front seat bracket might get it to mount to the original bench hole (not something I would want to do).

If you have the right brackets---the front of the seat is raised about 1/2" from the floor---on both the inboard and outboard mounts.

Bryan's toyz

On the street now!!!

post #45 of 186 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 08, 4:42 PM
Tech Team

You will need the inner brackets as well as the one smaller one for outboard front but as the previous post states you will use the existing inboard rear holes. If you use both fr/rear existing outboard mount holes as a buddy of mine did your seat will be an inch too close to your door and off center to your column.
http://ecom.goodmarkindustries.com/c...eat%20brackets
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 1225 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.