Headliner install write-up - Page 6 - Chevelle Tech
Interiors Upholstery and soft trim

17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #76 of 280 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 08, 1:56 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Chris White

Re: Headliner install write-up

OK, yes I just glued the headliner around that horizontal piece. Make sure your sail panels will cover that seam. Mine did. The forward section of the sail panel will tuck behind the rear 1/4 interior panel and the rear should butt-up against the rear window lace. Again, I opted to put a push-clip in the rear of my sail panel (epoxied it on) and push it in the hole under that bar (as seen in your photo)

Chris White
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 280 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 08, 3:40 AM
Senior Tech Team
Greg

Garage

Got it, thanks that should wrap up that job and thanks for the rest of this write up too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #78 of 280 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 08, 6:00 AM
Tech Team

Thanks for doing this, Chris. I'm gonna' need it.
Any chance on you re-covering your seats?

"It is when people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." -Patrick Henry

post #79 of 280 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 08, 12:59 PM

I have been going by your installation guide for the headliner and it is going pretty good,is there a good way to start doing the sail panel's.I have it all stretched out and clipped to let the heat straighten the wrinkle's out but,I'm not sure if there is a special way to start the sail panel's after i get the top glued.Thank's,kevin
post #80 of 280 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 08, 1:10 PM
Senior Tech Team
Greg

Garage

I found gluing and clipping one edge at a time then allowing dry time worked best for me on the sail panels.

post #81 of 280 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 08, 7:56 PM

2cool,That dif.cover on the rear end is to cool.I have one myself that i got off of e-bay and i really think it look's good.I'm trying to get finished with my inside so i can start on the outside but,ran into a little trouble with money so it has to go on hold.
post #82 of 280 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 08, 8:45 PM
Tech Team
eric

ok. my 70 does not have the clips on the bows on each side.only the center bow across the roof has clips.I am sure my headliner was original and when I removed it there were no clips.do I have to have them???wanted to install tonight.thanks
eric
post #83 of 280 (permalink) Old Jul 28th, 08, 9:10 AM
Senior Tech Team
Greg

Garage

I only had the center ones too, I used a little Teflon gun oil to get the rods to snap back in.

You don't wont to break them I think they sell for about $35 bucks.

post #84 of 280 (permalink) Old Jul 28th, 08, 10:52 AM
Tech Team
eric

thanks.didn't see the point of the side clips as the headliner should hold the rods from moving front to back
eric
post #85 of 280 (permalink) Old Jul 28th, 08, 10:53 PM

Mine went in fine and i didn't have the out side clip's just the center one's,I'll be finishing mine up in the morning.I'm just worried about finding all the hole's for the dome light and seat belt hanger's on the top.Thank's to the fellow chevelle head's on this sight I've redone all mine all by my self,from changing out the dash to doing the headliner.Thank's,kevin If i knew how to add some picture's i could let you see my project piece by piece.
post #86 of 280 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 08, 2:11 AM
Senior Tech Team
Greg

Garage

I still haven't found my dome light screw holes, I marked the side holes with a black marker.

post #87 of 280 (permalink) Old Jul 31st, 08, 6:11 PM

I finished installing mine yesterday and the hardest part was at the back rod down to the sail panel's,trying to get it to look smooth were it come's down to the sail panel's was hard.Next is a nother hard part like you all have been talking about,trying to find the hole's for the seat belt clip's on top and the dome light.I just received my new mirror and dome light and will be trying to get all of that in this coming week.Wish me luck..............
post #88 of 280 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 08, 12:43 AM
Tech Team
eric

well my buddy and I installed headliner tonight.installed in car and clipped in.will let the florida heat bake it smooth while I'm at work tomarrow.hopefully finish it after dinner.only hard part so far was getting rods through the fabric.what a pain in the @#$.seamed like the chennels were just a bit too tight.is this normal???my interior kit is from pui.
eric
post #89 of 280 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 08, 12:45 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Chris White

Quote:
Originally Posted by flpackerbacker View Post
well my buddy and I installed headliner tonight.installed in car and clipped in.will let the florida heat bake it smooth while I'm at work tomarrow.hopefully finish it after dinner.only hard part so far was getting rods through the fabric.what a pain in the @#$.seamed like the chennels were just a bit too tight.is this normal???my interior kit is from pui.
eric
Yes that is normal, Ive done 3 of them and they were all like that.

Chris White
post #90 of 280 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 08, 1:06 AM
Tech Team
eric

thanks I thought it was just me.your write up is a big help.have a printed copy laid out in the car for us to follow the steps
eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 421 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.